Helo from Woodstock ON Canada.

dafrp65

I just joined because I recently purchased a w348 with a home built TPI unit.1958 348 60 over forged Ross pistons Comp cam roller 1.6 rockers stainless 454 valves built by Brant performance TPI engineered and built by former owner John Duffin.First shakedown run IT SHREDS TIRES!

Last edited:

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Welcome to the site! :beer

I can just about see the intake setup in your avatar. It looks pretty neat.
If you want to post a picture, it's pretty easy on this site... When you're doing a post, you'll see an "Upload a File" button in the lower right corner. If you click on that, it'll let you insert and image from your computer.

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Welcome to the show!!!!!!!!! you'll fit right in here, but hold on tight this can be a wild ride. :wax

dafrp65

I got it in this sweet 67 short step GMC.I bought the truck for a replacement body for my 68 C/10 and it happened to have this engine with a 700r4.

dafrp65

The former owner built the serpentine system also.I bought the truck for the body to replace my 68 C/10 that got hit and it had this killer motor that I didn't realize was so bitchin.I might use this instead of the LS that is in the other chassis.The throttle response with this TPI is comparable to a new LS setup,but the torque this thing makes down low is crazy.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
:welcome2 Very nice truck and a lot of ingenuity there. I wonder what the builder used for headers? Can you tell if they are custom made?
I bet that it will get some decent mileage if you can keep your foot out of it.