Hello from Shawnee, KS - 1961 Impala 2 Door Sedan

tcb-1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Phil, here's a 72 TR6R Tiger I restored about 8 years ago. Loved that little bike!

The one I never should have sold. A garage find 1950 Panhead. I made a lot of money on the resale, but man, that bike was nice!

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Nice stuff there- I have a neighbor who has 2 of those Broncos, bought both new, both black with a white top. He also has a stepside 1/2 ton, 3 F250's, and a 72 Torino. Bought all new, all have snow plow gear (except the car), 4X4, black, manual tranny, never been painted or left outdoors. Absolutely no rust on any of them, those Bronco I's are very nice.

Don

tcb-1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Sadly, my flattop days are gone. It's the ol' razor for my noggin!

tcb-1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I already like hanging over here. You guys are pretty darn cool!

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Doug:

As you can tell by the discussion thread, we have a lot of inside jokes from previous conversations :). And we like pictures, which you have supplied in quantity.

I'm sure you'll get to know us collectively over time, we're even better in person. Well, Phil is, anyway... :).

If you're ever in the mid-Missouri area you should stop by I'll show you around and give you a ride in a "W" car :). Immediately after that you will want to plop a 348 or a 409 under the hood of that '61 Flat top :) :) :).

Cheers!
TomK

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
DICK ..... You are such a slut !! Do you really think Phil will show you his ??
You are going to show every one yours.... Right ??:D:doh:rub:eek2:hide
:crazy:cheers

tcb-1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Hey, I love the fact that you guys kid around!! This hobby is filled with guys who won't cross the road to help a fellow car buff out, but you all seem really cool! Hope to get to know you all soon. I always wanted an Impala, now I got one and I'm not going anywhere!!

And since you all like pics, the first one is interesting. I didn't realize that the factory painted the rims (at least on mine) red oxide primer:

Speaking of red oxide primer, this is the cleanest floor I have ever owned. Primer there too!

I am thankful to the original owner for putting those hideous JC Whitney seat covers on. The front seat didn't fare so well, but I got a pleasant surprise when I took the covers off the rear upper and lower seat!

The previous owner also changed out the steering column. Don't know why, but the column will be coming out to get a nice coat of correct gray:

This is the only real rust on the car. Is this in a weird location, or is this a '61 issue. The other side is perfect.

Solid rockers and floors. I got very, very lucky.

Nothing to see here folks. There is a lot of work to do in here ;)

Going to have to buy repop door panels and trim. Bummer, I' would have loved to salvage these, but they were shot.

New carpet and jute backing in the works as well. Hoping to find a build sheet under the carpet or seat back, but nothing. Darn it!

The Kraco slash Jensen slash JC Whitney radio is already trashed. And thanks to my new pal Phil for helping me fill the nasty void taking it out left behind!

Lastly, me and my two helpers.

Last edited: