Hello From 69-er

69-er

Vinyl top, interesting. It's had a repaint. I can see the dividing line in the door jambs are tad bit off in color match, plus the car appears wet in the photos.

I didn't inspect the seats very close but I assumed it had cloth inserts. The material is shredded but it looks like a bit of a custom design. They don't seem to match the photo I have included. The back seats look correct, although they appear to be some shade of green to my eyes. I didn't take any photos but, sorry, the ones sent to me are low res.

Carl, do you have a link to more photos of the above car? It looks it might have the saddle tan interior.

IMG_0326.jpgScreenshot 2024-09-29 192908.jpg

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I will be restoring it for someone else. The engine is not original, so it will have a few added mods; Vintage Air, integral power steering, front disc brakes, and maybe a 700R4 to replace the Powerglide. The engine is a 350 Goodwrench crate. Just a couple thousand miles on it. I'll tear it down for inspection and replace parts as required. I don't expect to have any machine work done other than a cylinder wall deglaze.

The body is decent from what I can see in the driveway. The floors look good, the trunk bottom is shot along with the tail panel directly above the bumper. Bottom of the quarters and lower fenders are also rusted through.

It has SS emblems and with the bucket seats I would assume that its genuine, (of course, unless someone went through the trouble to install them). Did buckets only come with the SS package? Did all buckets come with a console?

I have a lot to do to get up-to-speed on the Impalas. I'm excited as I never built one before.
700r4 will wake that car up big time.