Happy to join from Ca.

60X348

Hello all. I would like to say thank you to the creator of this site and the members whe make it tick. I joined this site about a year ago and desided to introduce myself. I am currently restoring my 1960 impala 348 conv. My current project is my #s matching 1960 Impala 348 conv. I also have a 1950 Ford customline, 1967 Pontiac Firebird, 1960 Ford f100, 1972 pontiac VenturaII., & a1985 merc 300D. All were passed down from may Dad exceped the ventura & impala. He tought me the basics on car mechanic, wish i would have gotten more of his knowledge before he passed. This site has been my shop manual. Thanks again to all the people who post responses to evryones questions.

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Welcome to the site !!! Great bunch here, enjoy the ride but remember to keep your arms and legs inside the ride at all times !!!

Please post some pictures of your collections, some of use cant read...:roll

Bill

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Welcome to the family!!!! You'll love it here. Since we're family now...........Thanksgiving will be at your house this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh:laugh:laugh

60X348

Thanks for the welcome guys. Trying to upload some pics now, it keeps giving me a file to large error:rub:bang

62impala409

Supporting Member 1
This should help you download pics. Its easy if you put them on Photobucket first.

Posting Pics

Discussion in 'General car talk' started by 62impala409, Sep 5, 2013.

Unwatch Thread

62impala409 Supporting Member 1
supporter.gif

Dick posted this method a while back.

Dick MacKenzie Supporting Member 8
supporter8.gif

Darned if I can find it! :dunno Let's try again.

I like to store pictures on an online storage site like Photobucket. That way I don't take up any of Bob's server
space, I can link to them from anywhere and they display as a viewable image not a thumbnail image.

If you don't have an on line photo storage Photobucket is as good as any and free. I happen to have one there.
You can go to http://photobucket.com and establish your account.

On line storage using PhotoBucket

Login to your account. You will be at your default album. It may look something like this.

da9239ad.jpg

If you roll the cursor over a picture a menu appears like above. Click in the box next to where it says "IMG code".
You will copy the link and briefly get a message saying so.

Now go to the forum and start your post. Type whatever text or simply paste the link in the window. To paste your link you
can hold down the 'shift' key and the 'Insert' key at the same time. Your window should look something like this.​

• 1962 Impala 409 / 4 speed and 1965 Buick Skylark convert. Leo and Pat "THE OLDER WE GET, THE FASTER WE USED TO GO"

62impala409, Sep 5, 2013 Edit Delete Report
#1 Reply

62impala409

Supporting Member 1
If you use an Apple computer you only have to copy the "IMG" code on the Photobucket picture and then paste it to the thread. The picture will be imported. Works for me. Leo

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Very Nice 60 Convertible....... I am seriously envious. Don't ever get discouraged. It's a long haul to restore a car piece by piece. Especially when you attempt to find parts, let alone quality parts! Most restoration parts are not what some claim, which is why so many people pay so much for stock pieces to restore, or buy NOS. My convertible is not as old as yours (65) however there is still lot's of parts sold that lack quality. And then there is life with bills, kids, jobs and of course the important things like tools and room to do it, :) I did get discouraged half way through a complete frame off on a 67 LeMans Convertible. Engine, Trans, rebuilt, body pulled from the frame, thousands and thousands in New, rebuilt, and NOS parts, plenty of tools and money, and still burned out because of other things. So stay engaged. Keep working on it. That is a big killer of projects, to stop doing something with it. And if you do, I am sure that if I wont take it, some here or else will.

60X348

Thanks a lot for the encouragment, and advice, ts needed from time to time. This is my first project so I will be posting lots of questions.

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Thought I'd see if this worked out better...

Great looking project !!:cool::cheers

Keep us updated on your progress.

Bill

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Welcome to the site , will be a cool cruiser in ca, got picture's of other car's??????????

62impala409

Supporting Member 1
Way to go Bill. :clapI keep hoping that we can somehow get a tutorial put together and have Bob put it in the forum menu. I know that there are a lot of members, especially newbies, that are intimidated with the posting process which would not be difficult to master with a few guidelines. We all clamor for more pictures which members will be eager to share. I would not be a good tutor, I can manage to get a few pics on here by sheer luck and good fortune. :scratch Leo