Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday Iowa 409 Guy

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
OK, thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. :bow:bowThe day before was the best....:bore3:bore3

Hauled the car to town for the annual cruise. Haven't been for many years because the cops thought my entry fee should be $125 on top of the usual $10:fingerSet around for a couple hours and talked to some folks I hadn't seen for years. Not a big cruise guy. Cranked her up a couple of times and shook a few windows, just to let them know what A 409 sounds like. Only one there of course. Might have had a couple beers....:rollLoaded up a block away from all the activity. Didn't want to put in the trailer with Dirty Tires....:mock:mock so I cleaned them off a couple times on the back street before loading up. Went up to my Son Scott's place 10 blocks away to watch the cruise. Cruise party...food ect. Right on the route. I parked down the street and walked up and Scott says ...was that you???...I say what????????
He says, making all that noise down there...10 blocks away............I answered...hell ya, did you expect anything else????:roll:lmaoI'm only 77 tomorrow. I knew it was you...I know the sound of that car he says... busted...WTF......he helps me at the track sometimes....

Last year my Grandson was there and many of his friends came...car guys...street racers, from several different States...Ya I know, different times today, but back in the 60's...street racers????Remember?..... Grandson was going through bad cancer then and passed away in February and was buried on his 24th birthday. Many of his car friends came to his funeral from several States. His buds showed up again this year for the cruise, one with Justin's car he bought after Justin passed. They did some great burnouts ......There's still some wild ones with attitudes....None were really local...they came from Oklahoma, Ohio, Illinois and?

Car friends...the best.... :bow :bow :bow

The Iowa Race at Tri-State is in memory of my Grandson, Justin Coots...A CAR KID, put an intake on his Charger...hood clearance...nope......RIP Justin

Later

Dave

the CRUSHER

Last edited: