charlie,

charlie rogers

Well Known Member
thanks for the starting point for my research. I am familiar with stroker motors as I have put together a couple big sbc. including my 434 that's in my 57 chevy that's a pump gas 625-65o hp motor. I will see what crower offers for a rotating assy as I am a big fan of their products.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Come on in Charlie........:dance:crazy Hey, as far as carbs go, I've got a couple of 500 edelbrocks on my car and they have not missed a beat. Just give them plenty of gas.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I will see what crower offers for a rotating assy as I am a big fan of their products.

The cranks from Eagle, Scat and Callies that 1961BelAir mentioned are already machined to bolt right into the 409
I don't think Crower offers a bolt in crank.
500hp is a good target for a 4" stroker.
You can of course make a lot more power but a 500hp engine will be reliable and will have very good manners.

charlie rogers

Well Known Member
The cranks from Eagle, Scat and Callies that 1961BelAir mentioned are already machined to bolt right into the 409
I don't think Crower offers a bolt in crank.
500hp is a good target for a 4" stroker.
You can of course make a lot more power but a 500hp engine will be reliable and will have very good manners.

thanks for the tip! I am a still a little excited about getting a 409 motor. I would be very happy with a mild mannered 475-500hp pump gas street motor. just need to find a fair priced bubble top car for it to go in. any of the above mentioned companys sell a complete bolt in stroker rotating assy?

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Welcome to the site Charlie ,:clap Great group here:hug and lotsa of info on the "W" engine. Enjoy the ride.
:crazy:dance:cheers

charlie rogers

Well Known Member
checked out show cars and saw thier cast iron exh manifolds {header style} I know there not as good as a set of real tube headers but they are pretty damn cool. any body here run these or know how they work? are they a reproduction of a gm part?

charlie rogers

Well Known Member
ha, dig that picture!! forgot to add that a good friend of mine that builds cars just got the all aluminum shaffirof{sp} 409 engine serial # 001 I think it is a 509 if I remember correctly. thought that was pretty cool. does anybody know the weight difference between the 61-62- and 63 impala?

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Welcome Charlie!!
We have a member here that has his own aluminum heads and block. I feel his heads are much better than Edelbrock. His name is Bob Walla and his handle is Region Rat. Before you buy "the other" heads...get with Bob and compare!!!!

Last edited:

charlie rogers

Well Known Member
Welcome Charlie!!
We have a member here that has his own aluminum heads and block. I feel his heads are much better than Edelbrock. Hid name is Bob Walla and his handle is Region Rat. Before you but "the other" heads...get with Bob and compare!!!!

thanks for the tip! will check him out when it comes time to start picking out a motor combo.

charlie rogers

Well Known Member
well its been awhile since I have been here but I have finally found a car! a 1961 bubble top, California car, original paint {seamist turquoise} with turquoise int. bench seat 4 speed, 370 posi. no rust, ext/int has a nice amount of patina. should have pics in a few days!

charlie rogers

Well Known Member
well I finally have a reason to change my avatar to something more appropriate:). these are all I have of pics for now. will post better/more pics when I get my hands on my new sweetheart!! cant wait to row threw the gears. hope you guys enjoy.

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 64
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 25

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
photo-2-jpg.28260

Very Cool!! Congrats!