Carb Builder

Hey Folks

Brand New To The Site, And My Name Is Roy. My User Name Is Oldblue383. I'll Explain That Down The Road Aways. I'm Into A 62 Chevy Impala 409. I Really Don't Know To Much About This Ride And It Has A Few Problems That I'm Trying To Work Out. I Have A Carb Problem. It's A Single Carter 3783s And It Has No Accel Pump And I Can't Seem To Find One That Will Work. The Pump Seems To Be A Bit Smaller Than A Reg. Accel Pump. I Have A Guy That Wants To Sell Me A Carb, But I Don't Know What A Fair Price Would Be. Can Anyone Give Me A Hand On This?? Thanks And Howdy To Everyone!!!!! I'm In W Va.

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Welcome, Roy.:clap Glad you found this place. Lots of fun, and lots of knowledge.:eyebrow I'm sure someone has a spare accelerator pump.:clap

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
carb. kit

Roy, Why don't you go to your local parts house (NAPA) and buy a carb. kit. They come with a new pump.
What carb. is he trying to sale?

W Head

59 El Camino 348-3,2s
59 Impala 409-2,4s

Hi There

I Did Get A Kit With A Pump In It. Thats How I Found Out That The Pump Was To Large. The Kit Was The Right One As Everything Else Fit Good. I Tried To Use Extra Pumps That I Had, But Again They Were To Large. The Carb That Is For Sale Is The Same Carb I Have. He Won't Give Me A Price. He Wants Me Make A Offer But I Have No Idea What It's Worth. I Haven't Been In This Sort Of Thing Too Long, So I'm Sort Slow At Picking Up On All The Latest Things.
Thanks A Bunch For You Input. Roy

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Welcome to the site Roy:clap You're gonna like it here. A great bunch to deal with. We all would like to see pictures of your ride as you go along with it.:crazy:cool::cheers

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Roy; In your first post, you say the acc. pump you have is too small. :doh Do you have the coil spring, and clip on it?:dunno Also another coil spring goes under the acc. pump. I don't know why a new one would be too large. They do fit a little snug in the pump well.:)

Hi Skip

The Pump Is Not To Small, It's To Large. And Yes It Has The Spring And Clip Also The Well Spring. The Pump Will Only Go Down Into The Well About 1/2 Way, And It Gets Real Tight. I've Never See One That Tight. I'm Still Looking To See What Info I Can Come Up With. Thanks For Your Input. I'll Keep You Posted. Roy

409z28

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Pump

Roy, you have the wrong pump for your application, call Gina @ Daytona Parts
386-427-7108. Give her your carb # and you are set to go. Tell her Mike in Louisiana said to call. Or I can fix it for you. Mike:)

Thanks Mike For Your Input. We Must Think A Lot A Like. I Was Just About To Email Them, And I'll Be Sure To Tell Gina You Told Me. Thanks Again. Roy

Thanks Again Mike

I Have Already Emailed Gina, But If I Can't Get What I Need I'll Be Sure To Call. All Of You Guys That Are Trying Help, I Just Didn't Think I'd Get So Much Help. Thanks To Everyone. Roy

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Roy now that the pump is solved you might as well confess as to the "383". Are you an old road Runner person or Super Bee person?
robert

Hey Robert

Well You Got Me!! Yel, I Was Mopar For Awhile. I Had A Big Boat, Chrysler
Newport. That Was A Great Car And Still Is As I Still Is, Because I Still Have It. Maybe I Shouldn't Be Telling You This On A Chevy Site, Someone Is Going To Shoot Me. It Is Such A Good Ole' Girl I Just Couldn't Part With It. I Call The Car Ole' Blue And It Has A Rebuilt 383 In It, And Thats How I Got The Handle Of "ole' Blue 383. And Now You Know The Rest Of The Story. Your Good, I Didn't Think Someone Would Figure That Out That Fast... Roy

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Remember, Roy. You're on a Chevy forum.:clap We pride ourselves, by our intelligence.:doh :rolleyes: :crazy :? :roll :roll

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Roy; Like you I had some mopar stuff back in the day. Mine was a 440 though:eek: Also FE 390/427 before that.
robert

Hi Robert

I Guess We Can't Have Or Own Other Cars Other Than Chevy's. Thank You A Bunch For Your Support And Thanks To All The Other Guys For The Help On The Pump Problem. I Think I'll Just Go On Down The Road, I Sure Don't Want To Be The Cause Of Any Problems. Thanks For All The Help. Roy

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Roy. Don't worry about a thing you are welcome here. Stick around and join us at Thompson next year.
robert

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Not at all, Roy.:doh Just making a joke.:rolleyes: Sorry, you took it wrong. I was into Mopars, myself, for many years.:clap Along with my 3 Chevys, I have a Mercury, which is my daily driver. I owned 2 Dusters, one a 340:clap the other a slant six, and two Volare's. I probably shouldn't say this, but they were more reliable than some Chevys I have owned.:doh Please, hang around, Roy.:clap:clap

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
There's nothing wrong with Mopars. I think the 64 Plymouth Belevedere is a
thing of beauty. But "W" block owners are an elite and discriminating group! ;)

Welcome Ray!

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Some of my best drag races were against the local mopars:eek:I won some and I lost some.:cryThe main thing was that I had a blast no matter who I raced. Stay on here at the site. You are welcome.:crazy:cool::cheers