Bubble Top Dream

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Just like to drop in and say Hi, been on the site since we bought our 1962 BT in mid july, 2013, but haven't introduced myself, my name is Stan but since buying the car, decided a appropriate name would be
CASHguzzler409, well, because this car is costing me more money than my ex wife. But its a lot more fun.
Our car is a original Red on Red/w/white top, we've just purchased a 409 QB motor and T-10 tranny, going with a 3:70 rear end. In the 6 months since getting this BEAST, we've taken it down to nothing and are on
our way up now. Sandblasted every part on the car, took all the sheet metal to the sandblaster and have
almost all of it in primmer ready for paint. The Body needs more help that Phylliss Dillers hair do, if you 'know what i mean. Its ugly, but its ours. We bought a rotisserie, so to save our OLD backs from giving out.
I'll send some pictures soon. This is a great 409 site, and the guys should be proud of it, it not only helps
the guys with knowledge, but really is a god sent for those of us that know almost nothing of these cars.
Thanks for all your help, and encouragement. All most CASHED out.

Last edited:

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I have a great partner who's a work horse, single and loves to work on our car. We try to motivate each other to keep moving forward. Really a lot of fun,
and its fun to see something come back to life.! I guess thats why we love these cars, I have read all about the convention and sure hope to have it ready by then, if not, Im coming anyway.

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Thanks John, nice lookin ragtop. We sold our 56
Chev Ragtop this past May, had it for over 15 years, really loved
that car. But were moving on to a 409 car, we say, this is our last build?
:laugh

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
'56 Chevy Convertible nice car!! I've owned my Impala for just about 50 years,bought it new from High School.Could never bring myself to part with car,just too many memories with it.Now I'm so glad I kept it.I've had my up and downs with it over the years,but it's always been there for me!!! Post some pictures of your 62' ,even if its in the building stages.The guys on the sight love to look at pictures. :pop

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome aboard Stan. I see your in Shorline. I'm just down the road from you.

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
John, we must have bought our 1st convertibles about the same time, I bought my first 56 Conv. in Pasadena Cali. 1964, $850.00. 265 3spd overdrive
Turquoise and White. I've been lucky enough to have had 2 56's and 1 57. Just loved those cars. Say Im having trouble uploading files of pic's of our
car. It comes up with a window saying file is to large, heck, its just one picture. Any ideas, of what IM doing wrong..?
:dunno

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
You're in the fun stages of the project, when all your hard effort in dismantling, cataloging, cleaning and coating every part now gets to focus on putting those all back together again. I must have a short memory span, I needed a "donor car" out back to validate my reinstall sequence when I put my '62 together from parts :). I bet I fit up each part more than one time before I got it right! Have fun in your next phase and keep us posted.

I use an external program to resize my camera photos (IrfanView works good, and Picasa offers neat features for managing photos, etc.) Also we have a link someone will post that will give you exact instructions on how to load a photo and what the various restrictions are.

Good luck!

TomK

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Welcome aboard :welcome this is the site if you need help, ALL the guys have helped me, I bought my Bub6le 2op in may 2013
and have spent a few more thousand on it since I got it. still not thru but I have had a ball this site has become like a second home,
you'll see, hope to see ya at the convention in September:dance

Martin

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hi Martin, I've watched a lot of your questions & answer's , interesting, looks like we have the same car. I just got of the phone and our 409 motor
has came into the freight co. yippy.... now the fun starts. We did not get a motor or tranny with the car, but have since bought both, QB block & T-10.
I"ve never seen money leave my account faster than this build, I think I bought a BOAT> HAHHAHA. thanks for the help with the photo's.:happy