Blackie 1955

PSmith1

Hi Rich:

I have a complete (almost) 409-425HP look in the For Sale Ads. It includes NOS exhaust system. Listed at $9000 and have been offered close to that; I just have not the time to finish the deal. 90% of the parts are NEW and in original boxes. I would say a Z-11 in such shape would be a few notches higher; if you can get for less you're doing good.
Figure this - what's the price of a GM crate engine (the good ones, not the re-bored 454's) at similar HP rating; and those may not achieve legend status of a Z-11. Take 10-20% off that price for assembly time.

I'm in similar condition - my older brother passed away suddenly and left a ton of loose ends, including 2 NHRA-legal Stock and SuperStock cars (I had been partners in the cars). I'm overseeing disposition of the car stuff and it's not easy.

On the other hand, if I was doing a build, half the fun is seeking out and scoring a deal. The actual build is the other 50%.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Rich......I'll help you. Just tell me where it is and I'll go verify it for you!!!!!