Another new guy

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The car looks like it's really nice condition Dave. Why haven't you been driving that car:?:dunno:?:dunno. Just curious because you talked about putting the later model engine in the car (The 65 engine?) But if the one that in it is the original engine wouldn't you want to keep them together? is there something wrong with the engine in the car? You still might be able to verify that the engine is from that car with the casting # and the date code. See the decoder listed on this site. Ken

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Ken

The car looks like it's really nice condition Dave. Why haven't you been driving that car:?:dunno:?:dunno. Just curious because you talked about putting the later model engine in the car (The 65 engine?) But if the one that in it is the original engine wouldn't you want to keep them together? is there something wrong with the engine in the car? You still might be able to verify that the engine is from that car with the casting # and the date code. See the decoder listed on this site. Ken

Thanks for the reply. Nothing wrong with the engine in the car i put some miles on it every year. I understand what you are saying about the casting # and date code, but doesn't the engine have to be out of the car to see them at the back of the engine? Can you tell me how much difference in value between a car with matching #'s as opposed to one that does not match?
The thing is, i'd like to have more :crazyHP:cheers. I can't see messing around with the original engine if it happens to be that. If i shuck out an engine, i don't want it to be the one that is in the car, it's just fine. More cam and dual quads, that's what i'm talking about. I took the motor and tranny out when i had the body and interior done 15 or so years ago and detailed the motor then and had the tranny gone through. Don't remember what the tranny is. The guy did not do too good of a job on the tranny cause it still jumps out of 2nd and goes into 3rd hard. I'll probably put the motor and tranny aside and rebuild that 65 motor and put a different tranny in the car. Thanks for your input. I ain't growed up yet. Dave