Another 409 Bob!

409 bob

Hi Folks,
It is a pleasure to be on this forum. I am the owner of the "Legendary Schithead Bros 409 Powered A coupe" from the old days. Actually 1980's Nostalgia Drags (NDRA) at Fremont, CA. If anyone remembers. The Coupe has been run for many years and if I can help anyone out with theirs, I will try. Yes, it runs six Rochester carbs, (welded up Weiand manifold) and 2 1/4" into 4" headers with stuffing plates. It has an ISKY roller cam, and Crane roller rockers. Venolia pistons and Manley super stock rods in big block length. It was a 460" welded up stroker until that broke. Now it has a stock crank. It still runs close to ten's with the 4'II's in place. I am enjoying reading all the 409 talk!

Attachments

• CIMG0811.JPG
    CIMG0811.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 8

James jones

Well Known Member
Welcome aboard bob. What a nice looking roadster. I’ve heard about those 6 carbs on that manifold back in the day but never seen one. Sounds like you’ve got a monster with those e.t.s. Glad you are with us.

Reactions: 327

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Can't say that I remember the car, although I did go to a few Nostalgia drags around those years. Last one I think was at Sears Point though. Unfortunately, I was one of the PG&E workers that disconnected some of the power to BayLands Raceway when it was shut down.

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Welcome Bob! Neat old car! My Son inlaw is building a 29 and I’m putting together a 348 stroker with a similar 6 two setup like your running for it!! We need some more pictures please!