63 Impala project continues...

bobs409

Administrator
A small update. Doing some upholstery lately.

Here is the rear upper and lower rear seat. Covers are made by Ciadella and were part of the interior package I got from Hubbards. No complaints other than the wrong buttons but I swapped my old ones on there very easily. Covers went on well but as usual, the typical wrinkles to work out.

DSCN5638.jpg DSCN5639.jpg DSCN5645.jpg DSCN5647.jpg

Working on front seat now. Interior side panels are installed along with new arm rest bases, pads, rear arm rest covers and all window/crank handles. Again, wrong buttons on panels so I installed my old ones. Will have a couple hand fulls of repro buttons to sell off soon. :D

DSCN5641.jpg

Last edited:

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Looks Excellent, Bob.:bow I started on my door panels, awhile ago, but gave up. For some reason, My door panels never got the top rails installed. Ciadella, wanted to sell me non metal rails. I told them, I'd use my own rails. :doh Don't really know, how to attach them.:doh Originals were stapled on, along with the fuzzies.

bobs409

Administrator
I bought side panels for my 72 Chevelle that they called "un-assembled" meaning you put the top rails in yourself. Never again! No matter how hard you try, they never seem to look as good because you have to stretch the vinyl up and over the rails.

I'm not sure of the brand of these panels. They might be PUI. I'll have to see if I have any old wrappers from them.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Looks Excellent, Bob.:bow I started on my door panels, awhile ago, but gave up. For some reason, My door panels never got the top rails installed. Ciadella, wanted to sell me non metal rails. I told them, I'd use my own rails. :doh Don't really know, how to attach them.:doh Originals were stapled on, along with the fuzzies.
Skip,
Take them to a quality upholstery shop and have them install the top rail and finish the top wrap.

bobs409

Administrator
All the seats are now done. Finished up and installed the front bench just a little while ago. Felt good to sit behind the wheel again instead of on a crate! :D
Some wrinkles would not come out. I tried the steamer and even the heat gun. These may work themselves out once the car is in the sun for a while and once I take them cruising. :dunno2

Anyway, should not be nearly as bad looking in the car as you can't see everything as well as the pics below where it's under a bright shop light.

Pic #1 shows the seat tracks and hardware after soaking in acid for 2 days. Once rinsed off, the parts often take a black appearance. Pic #2 show those same parts after a light sand blast. Forgot to snap pics of the primer and final paint so use your imagination there. :D After soaking the tracks, it appeared they were originally painted black (some can be seen in pic #1) so that's what I used. I originally thought natural steel. :dunno

Pics #3 thru #7 are self explanatory. It's the front seat! A lot harder to do than the back one but had a bunch of fun. (I like doing seats) :D Luckily all my springs and seat foams were good so I did not have to replace any of that.

Well, on to the next job... (whatever that may be) :think

DSCN5720.jpg
DSCN5723.jpg
DSCN5736.jpg
DSCN5734.jpg
DSCN5735.jpg
DSCN5737.jpg
DSCN5738.jpg