409 Wins

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Big Mistake

348s can run, too. Don't leave it home because it's a 348.

About the cooking, I don't eat my own cooking. I can bring some good meat, but someone else would have to cook it. No one would eat it if I cooked it:roll :roll

DIV1RACER-2

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Winning

Thanks everybody for the compliments & congradulations ! ........ What a great
time we all had .:) Nothing like a bunch of "409" guys out for the weekend !!!:brow

I've had my success's w/ the Camaro running stock eliminator over the past 25 or so years , I don't think they were any "sweeter" than last weekend !

I want to thank BO for the great freind he has been for many years & the help along the way , he recently RETIRED & is back & were Back !!!!

FRED < GERRY <BOB the crews & myself had plenty of time to B.S. , tell story's & :roll :roll :roll :roll

Any body in the area who has time the weekend of aug 11-13 should come to Thompson Ohio for the NSCA race there . Not just 409 cars . fullsize fords , mopars
thunderbolts & others compete in the Nostaglia Super Stock eliminator. I can assure you that you will enjoy yourself !

Also any of you members that like to race from time to time and live close to the area of US 41 dragway are missing a nice place if you don't go there.

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
NSCA race

Ray, I think it's $25.00 for a year, and you can sign up at the track. Not a bad deal. And think of it as a good way to see your old friends!!!!!!!!!!!!! $25.00 isn't bad if you look at it like that. You can go to the NSCA web site. Might be able to sign up there. I'll get you the link.

http://www.nsca-racing.net/

I know you will be there.

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Nice going Denny

Congrats Denny...........:clap

Love to see that car run..........:D
Still have the video from KC

:cheers
bj

Dond409

Supporting Member 1
looks like!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's looking like Dad and I will be seeing you all at Thompson, Ohio. We will be bringing out the wagon too. We will be heading out of Syracuse probably Friday PM. We will see you all early Saturday morning.:brow

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
DonD to Thompson!!!! YEAH

Don, that is GREAT. Never got to see the wagon run, as I remember. Think it broke before I got to Norwalk. At least that's my memory, and we know not to trust it very far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Motels

rstreet, look at the NSCA web site for motels. I know there are more. Austinburgh, Ohio is just off I-90 at Rt 45, about 17 miles from the track. There are several motels there. Mentor, Ohio is 22 miles away, nd I know there are some cheaper rooms there. There is a best Value Inn in Austinburgh that quoted me $78.00 per night for 2 beds. I have heard there is a motel 6 in Mentor for $68.00. If you have trouble, email me and we will see what we can find for you. Ray Barnhart lives close by, and might know some of the motels in the area. Problem is, you seldom look for a motel in your home area to know what is available. At least not at our age.:roll :roll :roll :roll

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Cross over the line

BTW, this track isn't that far from Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe some of you Canadians would like to come down and play.

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
motels

rstreet, got this list from Gasser Magazine who hold a big meet at Thompson yearly. I'm sure there are more, but you should be able to find something pretty good in this list.

2006 GASSER REUNION HOTELS
Comfort Inn HOST HOTEL
1860 Austinburg Rd, Austinburg, OH, US, 44010
Phone: (440) 275-2711
Fax: (440) 275-7314

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holiday Inn Express
1831 Austinburg Rd Austinburg, OH, US 44010
Phone: (440) 275-2020

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sleep Inn, Inn & Suites
9350 Center Rd., Austinburg, OH, US, 44010
Phone: (440) 275-6800
Fax: (440) 275-3360
RIGHT ACROSS STREET ---NEWER UNIT---

Hampton Inn Ashtabula
2849 Gh Dr Austinburg, OH 44010-9793
(440) 275-2000
(South of I-90 but at relatively same location as Comfort Inn & Sleep Inn (63 rooms)

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Rooms

rstreet and anyone coming to Thompson Raceway Park. As far as I know we have 4 poeple staying at our house. Don and one son can double up in one bed/room if they dont mind. Fred and the other twin (Dons son) will be , one on an air mattress (quality) the other on a sleeper sofa. I have more room but no mattresses. If anyone wants to bring their own air matteress we have a very cool garage (clean) that you can camp in. I also have an air conditioned slide in camper that will sleep 3. We will make room for all, it's going to be a party! There are three bathrooms here and two showers will be available also. If Ya'll get up in shifts it'll work out. Coffee will be on every morning. More info on breakfast to come. There is also room to camp. If everyone helps out it will be fun. Come oooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnndown! :D

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Ray's Motel

Ray, you are a glutton for punishment. Should be a good time for all. I know I'll have a good time.

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
??????????

Ronnie, you might just as well get used to the heat. From some of the posts you have made, it's going to be very hot where your going.:roll :roll :roll

Heck, you wouldn't be able to get in to the track in Northern Ohio. They wouldn't be able to understand you.:bang You weren't that far off in Kentucky, but Northern Ohio????????????? Never make it.:brow :brow :brow

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Fred,, Wished I could be there. One think I am sure of, you guys are gonna have a great time. Ray is probably a great host. Fun, fun , fun...... Please take lots of pics. I will stay here in the nice cool 102 degree temps and work on my old car .. Good luck to all and win some trophies. :cheers :cheers

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Ronnie, Come on up!!!!!!!!

Really do wish you could be here, too. The temps are a little lower here, not much. Do you get the humidity??????? Tomorrow is supposed to be 95 degrees, and with the humidity, will feel like 110. I'm not even going out in that.

You might check Southwest Airlines to Cleveland. Would pick you up at the airport. Sometimes they have ridiculously low prices. I've gone round trip to Florida for $110.00 A lot to spend, but the room would be free. I'd give up my space if you come up. I know I wouldn't have to, as Ray would find room. I know it's a long shot, but what the heck. You only come this way once.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks Fred, but my grandson is getting married the week after the race and my wife and I have much to do , helping with wedding plans. Yep, I said grandson!!!! Even though I am handsome and look very young, my grandson is getting married. Where did all the years go?? Kentucky 2007, will probably be our next trip. Thanks again for the invitation.

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Good reason!!!!!!!

Man, you must have started when you were a teenager. You are lucky they didn't lock you up.

Very good reason for not coming. Just wish you guys weren't so far away. Maybe, this winter, we will all come down and stay with you.:roll :roll :roll That wouldn't crowd you too much, would it? If so, we could stay at one of the motels in Ladonia!!!!!!!!

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
To Fatride and SS425HP Thanks for the garage floor offer(can I sleep in the '60:brow ,wife on the floor:p ) and for the local motels information. I am going to figure this out this weekend....The one thing for sure I ain't going to drive the 61 out there so deciding on driving something else around here or flying. When is the best time to be at the track because I probably will have to go directly to it if I drive it. Thanks again for the help

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
motels in conneaut

There is a Days Inn in Conneaut. Checking rates shows 2 double beds for $75 per night. If anyone cares to sleep there and come to my house for food and BS, drive to the track in a caravan, that'll be cool.