3D printed engine/car parts

jwhotrod

Supporting Member 1
That is glacier Bay in Alaska, we did the Alaska/inner passage tour/cruise in 2008 great trip, by theway. Everybody needs to add that to their bucket list. It is STUNNING to say the least. Just do it from North /South so it is land first and glaciers/whales/seals second, a rising crescendo!!!!!! As to the autocad I will try and help much as I can.

Big Jim

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That is glacier Bay in Alaska, we did the Alaska/inner passage tour/cruise in 2008 great trip, by theway. Everybody needs to add that to their bucket list. It is STUNNING to say the least. Just do it from North /South so it is land first and glaciers/whales/seals second, a rising crescendo!!!!!! As to the autocad I will try and help much as I can.

Big Jim
I was sure that was somewhere in Alaska but thought it might have been Mendenhal. Both Mendenhal and Glacier Bay belong on a bucket list! I've been to both twice.

oldskydog

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I was talking to Doug Hughes yesterday at the swap meet. He had an original guide plate casting from his Mystery Motor on his display table with a note asking any passersby if they could identify the piece..........and no takers.
He hasn't had any interest in his 421 Super Duty engine and was bemaoning the fact that todays car builders would rather buy a new crate 502 than build an original factory special engine for their old cars.
I suggested that there might be a market for plastic replicas for garage display conversation pieces and that if he scanned all the individual casting components of his original Mystery Motor and printed them in plastic, he could probaby sell a few. Think about it. It would be an exact replica in plastic right down to the casting numbers and internal passages. I wouldn't mind having one on my egine stand all painted up like an original just for the interesting discussion that might ensue.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I guess times are changing because I can't believe your friend cannot find a buyer for the SD 421. Just a few years back and I would have taken it depending of course on price and condition. However you are right about the engines. I cannot tell you how many people thought I was crazy for puting so much money in my 409 instead of just dropping in an LS motor.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
A plastic Mystery Motor would be cool. (Even though several on here would say that it SHOULD be called Mystery Engine!! Just doesn't have the same ring to it does it???)