1961 Bubble

BLBATESDC

I just bought my first real classic-- it's a '61 Roman Red bubble top. It was meticulously restored about 20 years ago, and about 10 years ago, was completely blasted down to bare metal and repainted because the lacquer paint had cracked. The previous owner spared no expense making the car look like an original 409 SS car. The only thing that wasn't done was power steering and power brakes, which my new friend Paul Stensland is going to do for me this month. I know it won't be in my garage for another six weeks or so, but I can't wait to take this thing for a drive with my wife and my little boy.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Welcome aboard!

Glad to learn that the '61 will be in good hands. Are you related to the previous owner? Paul shared pics of what I believe to be your car with us recently. Looks to be great purchase, congrats!

TomK

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome.
Paul knows his stuff, I am sure you will be very pleased with the results.

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Welcome to the site!!!!!!!!!!!!your right...................... Red and White is the classic, would love to see some pics

Martin

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Welcome to the site!!!!!!!!!!!!your right...................... Red and White is the classic, would love to see some pics

Martin

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Those plastic covers(front and rear seats) were installed by a friend who restored this car over 20 years ago. We can ask him if
he remembers where he got them.
Paul

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Stunning Car!! Congratulations.....At some point this summer, (or when I complete my new 63) I am going to offer up my blue 63 for trade on a 61! I really want a bubble top!!! Your red 61 is just awesome!

Dennis