1960 Parkwood

WagonCruiser

Hello from Kentucky.. I just wanted to share my love for old cars and big engines. I have a 1960 Chevy Parkwood equipped with a 348 topped off with three deuces. We like to call it our family cruiser.

Attachments

• photo[1].jpg
    photo[1].jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 88
  • photo[4].jpg
    photo[4].jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 79

impalamike.com

Supporting Member 1
Great car Wagoncruser!!! Tell us about your '60!! Looks like Torquethrust wheels, 348 tripower and airbags. How about more info??

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
hey wagon forum guy!!! I was over there the other night for the first time in a long time checking out your car. Nice ride.

quik9r

WagonCruiser

More info

We have been working on this ride for about three years now. It was originaly purchased off a Indian resorvation in Arizonia from the original owner and brought to Kentucky. It is believed to have 42,000 original miles, we tore the engine down and the main bearings still have the GM stamp visible and there was no signs of a previous teardown. From there we installed 20 x 10 Coy's on the rear and 18 x 8,s of the front. We have installed Ride-Tech bags and control, 700R tranny, Vintage Air, power brakes up front, power stering, and new interior. I'm currently installing new positive camber upper shaft's to line up the front end finished off with all new bushng's front and rear. The paint is all original, Suntan Copper, and is showing some sign's of wear but is one of the most solid cruisers around. There is not much more to do other than cruise. I hope that we ahve many more rides to enjoy. I hope to post more pictures from a beach some time in the near furture. For more pictures check out www.Dillehaystreet.com.. Thanks John..

62impala409

Supporting Member 1
Welcome WagonCruiser, I like the wagon look. Had a neighbor in northern MN. that had the identical wagon since new until the early 80's. BTW, do you get enough air through those 3 tea cups on the top of the W motor to get down the road? I see them on motors all the time an was wondering if they have enough air flow for everything but all out rpm. Leo

WagonCruiser

This is actually the first three deuce big block car I have owned. So with that said, I'm very pleased with the performance of the car. If I drive at normal speeds cruising around I'm getting right at 13 mpg. It actually cruises at low speeds nicely. Not very much on low end due to the 700R tranny and high wagon gears. But at a 60 mph kick the big block really comes to life, and the sound of the other two carbs coming in is awsome. As you can tell I'm really pleased with the setup..