1937 Chevy Coupe build

Simps37

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Getting closer……running boards, lights, glass installation and some wiring and she will be close enough to drive.

Still have a large list (probably always will) of things to do…..nice interior and A/C are the biggies…but I can live with bare bones as long as I get to start enjoying it!

FB458E04-3034-4271-BF42-E79BE690DC29.jpeg

Attachments

• 10086D27-EE7B-4279-8882-F9F8F4D0B64C.jpeg
    10086D27-EE7B-4279-8882-F9F8F4D0B64C.jpeg
    88.1 KB · Views: 18

Simps37

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Will be painted on interior (I hope) and patina on outside with clear coat or something like Poppy’s Patina.

I do love a painted car but have many friends with $$$ paint jobs and they are always worried about people (that do not know better) scratching it up.
Also it would cost $10-15k for a nice job with bodywork and I just don’t have it.

I have hammer/dolly many dents out of these panels and will probably scotchbrite it to blend the odd panels.

Maybe someday I will come back to paint.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
You could prepare the metal and spray with tintatable primer color of your choice and it would all be the same and not have to worry about scratches, if it did get some you could easily touch up. I myself sometimes think I should have done that to my car and I could have drove anywhere without the fear of getting it scratched as I used base coat clear. As you mentioned , scared to drive it.

Simps37

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Both running boards are installed…..I have ignition wired separately so now I need to mount a fuse panel and get lights wired.
Still looking for someone to install glass.
Hood should be back from getting louvers punched soon.
Bare necessities list getting shorter:
Fuse panel
Lights
Gauges
Glass

Simps37

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I had been given some Chassis Engineering coil over shocks for the rear….I understand now why…..drivers side shock has settled so bad that it’s completely compressed while the passenger side has held with 4” of travel both ways.
Springs are rated 130-250, probably meant for a truck with 130# unloaded or if load in bed will compress up to 250” per inch.

Research I have done points to a straight 200# per inch springs.