63 Impala radiator

Croshd

Hello:

I am looking for a 1963 Impala Harrison Radiator preferably four core for manual transmission. Due to a radiator shop in my area that ruined mine thanks for helping anyone can give me.

Thanks again,
Chris

Croshd

I’m hoping to find a real Harrison Radiator I purchased one from US Radiator that helps but it’s not a Harrison Radiator so I guess I’m looking for an OEM

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
My 425 hp car with 4 speed came with a 3 core. I think you needed air to get a 4 core. Other GM brands may have had a 4 core that would work. I think there are comanies out there that make a copy of the Harrison tanks.

Croshd

Thank you I running a US Radiator 4 core now but I am trying. To put the car back to as close as I can to original otherwise I wouldn’t care at all

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Does it have air? If not it came with a 3 core. Might be easier to find. There also repop Harrison tanks.
Bob

Croshd

It’s a dealer add on A/C. The car had the original 4 core Harrison till the guys at the local shop messed it all up.
But where can I find the repop Harrison tanks at

Croshd

I really don’t know why but when I received my old radiator back it was a 3 core. The thing was that the water would flow so fast through, it would not cool. I am not sure what they did to make the water flow so fast but it like someone open the flood gates.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I have 3 restored original 409 Harrison radiators ( 2 in my 1962’s - one in 1962 409 and a 1962 327 hardtop) They were restored with new 4 core brass cores using the original Harrison 409 only hex top stamped tops and 409 bottom tanks and straps.
The radiator work was done by a local long radiator shop.

I have over the years purchased at least 2 reproduction 409 4 core radiators from Show Cars Inc. I sold the radiator or sold the cars
The repro tanks look like the 409 tops with 2 hex bolt stamps that came on all original 1962 409 radiators.
I think they might have been US Radiator products.

Paul

Croshd

Do you have any photos of them. I talked to Bruce a while back and he said they don’t do that anymore. But I can call him again. I do know that they US Radiator. I spoke with Jim over there yesterday because the radiator they sent me did not have the indent for the radiator cap so it rubs the hood. That’s another reason why I am looking an original one.

our1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have a SC 4 core purchased two years ago 59-64 chevy radiator: I'm actually running a 3 core no AC in Florida 180 degrees all day.

You want a photo of the top tank?

Croshd

I have that one the trouble with it is where the cap goes and not recessed like on the original. Also, the Show car one that has a Harrison logo on. It is in the wrong spot. They go on the top of the radiator. As you can see in the picture sorry they are not the best

Attachments

• IMG_8211.jpeg
    IMG_8211.jpeg
    55.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_8212.jpeg
    IMG_8212.jpeg
    37.1 KB · Views: 17

Croshd

Sorry not trying to be a jerk the car was all matching numbers till this whole Radiator disaster. So I’m trying to get it back way. I am using a 4 core from US Radiator now but the cap rubs on the hood so I have to fix that issue by elongating the Bolt holes so I can make it sit a little lower so the cat doesn’t hit the hood.