Bayer Z-11

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 16
I'd like to see what they look like also.
I have a set without the H in the part number. We have also found that some lifters have the oil band in the wrong place and won't oil the top end.

409Kid

Well Known Member
You can look up the differences and spec’s directly on Crower’s website. The lifters are oiled and sealed and I won’t be removing packaging until they go directly into the motor.

Murphdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The "H" is not easy to see. It is a passage to send pressurized oil to the axle/roller assembly. Same 66204 lifter with an option. I have these in stock.
Jeff

Attachments

• 20240703_130756[1].jpg
    20240703_130756[1].jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240703_130805[1].jpg
    20240703_130805[1].jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 10

409Kid

Well Known Member
And then they have the top upgrade 66204E which is the HIPPO body where the needle bearings are replaced with a bronze bushing for ultra high spring pressures

409Kid

Well Known Member
They recommended that I run them given
My spring pressures but I opted for the less expensive route. They said that if I found that these weren’t holding up during my tear downs that these can be sent back and retrofitted with the bushings.

Murphdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
From a manufacturing perspective it seems to me 1 bushing would be simpler to make than 24?? needle rollers that need extreme sizing control & specific heat treat properties. If needles were more cost effective why does most/all diesel stuff use bushings? The cost difference between needles & bushings in lifters has me confused. Bushed are way more expensive.
Jeff

Last edited:

409Kid

Well Known Member
Today I went to the Bay Area to pick up a pair of Hurst 10.5x28.5 x15 (8” tread/ 10.5” sidewall deflection) cheater slicks mounted on 15x8 chrome dual pattern smoothies. The pair are nearly NOS with but a few scuffs on the tread from moving the sellers car at car shows. New tubes, no pitting, scratches or peeling chrome. These will be static display pieces. I’m still looking for a set of 15x8 poverty cap wheels and may just have a set made and chrome at a later date if I don’t find.any. I did find the exact wheel I was looking for with a set of same sizes M&Hs in Ohio but the seller unwilling to ship them. IMG_5900.jpegIMG_5899.jpeg

Last edited:

409Kid

Well Known Member
I bought a new pair of chrome 15x6 OEM wheels for poverty caps. I’m sending them back as they only have 1-1/2” back spacing. When it said OEM I was expecting something more neutral. They are contacting the manufacturer to get a set made and also another pair or 15x8 single patterns so I can swap the cheater slicks onto for static show display. I’ll put a modern cheater on the dual patterns for the track.

409Kid

Well Known Member
Tired of dealing with suppliers and manufacturers that can do neither regarding the engine build.

Called Show Cars regarding a Scat crank and H Beam options. These guys don’t seem to have any answers when it comes to the products they sell. I’ve given up on them to provide any technical assistance.

Called Diamond Pistons and got so much BS from their sales guy I gave up trying to spec pistons.

JE, Icon and CP can’t return phone calls or emails. So…

I ended up talking to Rob Lamar several days ago regarding my dilemma. I told him what I was trying to do and what I needed. After our discussion I’m going to let him assemble the pieces I need and balance the assembly for me. Then I don’t have to be frustrated with dealing with it in my own. Will be worth it just to alleviate the frustration factor alone. As he was heading out to Dragway 42 with dad’s 5/8ths Belair we will finalize my needs early next week when he returns.

Last edited: