Ramp Bed Truck

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
My understanding is that the Obsolete Missile will likely get "refitted" with an aluminum front clip Russ purchased from Donnie some time ago. MIght have been on the car back in the day (before fiberglass was made by Donnie). Russ wants to clean up the underside and put a full bench seat back in her. Car will be at Rodney's getting a cosmetic makeover. Engine will be a Z-11 top end.
Look for another fine build from Russ Campbell :) :) :).

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I payed a visit to this truck today and pocked around on it.
It is under new ownership and is planned to make it's way northeast when road worthy.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Stopped buy today to remove the fatly fuel pump, after sucking the fuel out of the tank I found the tank was no good and needed to be removed for replacement and to figure out size and shape for the new one.
20230428_152654.jpg

I have to say that I did something I have never done before or would recommend on this project. After slow success with a remote pump for the first 8 gallons I decided to get a hose hook up to my big shop-vac :shock2 and pulled another 4 or so gallons out of the tank to see what I had to work with. Guess the good lord was with me on this one. :pray
Now not that I went at this with dumb knowledge I did see an episode of myth busters trying to turn a vacuum sweeper into a jet engine with gasoline and they never pulled it off so it was a bust, and lucky for be it was also. :good