New to the Forum but long time collector

Colin

Hello I am Colin Mavins from Winnipeg Manitoba Canada I picked up a 1962 Impala SS many years ago and have been collecting parts . It's a bit of an odd ball , it is a Dec 1961 built car. The cowl tag shows it was built as an SS but it has no SS trim out side of the car, no swirl trim no SS badges, and no grab handle . It does have factory buckets and consel. It is a Canadian car with 250 hp 327 spinner caps, rear antenna's ,grille guard bumperettes, fender skirts ,and in my collecting I have added any more options . I have started the body work it's my retirement project.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Welcome to the site lots of help here.
i have lots of 62 SS & Impala parts & lots of restoration pictures on my 62’s
Paul

Carl 1962

Well Known Member
Hello I am Colin Mavins from Winnipeg Manitoba Canada I picked up a 1962 Impala SS many years ago and have been collecting parts . It's a bit of an odd ball , it is a Dec 1961 built car. The cowl tag shows it was built as an SS but it has no SS trim out side of the car, no swirl trim no SS badges, and no grab handle . It does have factory buckets and consel. It is a Canadian car with 250 hp 327 spinner caps, rear antenna's ,grille guard bumperettes, fender skirts ,and in my collecting I have added any more options . I have started the body work it's my retirement project.
Hi Colin, welcome to the site. I decode cowl tags so please post a photo of it here and I'll decode it and check it's legit. Please post the VIN as well so I can check the tags match.

It must be a US built car because the Canadian Distribution Plan options list states that Canada (Oshawa plant) only built 62 convertibles with the Super Sport option. It's strange that sport coupes were not built as SS in Canada.

Well Known Member
Great info Carl. I knew they did not build the super sport coupe models. But ... you say that they built the 62 SS Convertibles there. ???