Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
73186831_3112464455447304_4155885457407737856_n.jpg

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
95% of all of our car washes over here are the same as this one
Can tell some funny stories about them and some of the idiots that use them (bit like this guy in the video)
I used to maintain them for 3-4 years working in the oil industry

Will put some stories on here later as have to work now. Lol

Steve

Story two

Frankton near Queenstown in the south island, another Oil company carwash was getting installed.
The engineers were advised not to put it against this particular hill face around the site as it had some very cold air funnelling going on around there in the winter months as it never saw the sun for about 3 months.
Well they didnt listen and we installed the carwash as instructed by the designers.
All good right through summer until we got a spell of very cold weather
The carwash engineers had decided to leave water running in the carwash so as to not freeze thigs up
Well it worked on the bearings and motors and pneumatics etc but not the brushes
I got a call to go to the site at 0930 on a sunday morning as a car had an issue in the car wash
It took me at least an hour and a half to get to site on the icy roads (about a 50 mile journey)
When i got there it looked like some on had attacked a BMW with a sand blaster while on acid
The brushes on the carwash had water on them all night and the icy breeze was funnelled through the building so much that they were solid stalks of ice about 10mm thick on each brush fibre
When it started to hit the car top and sides the driver just ducked down thinking he was going to die
It almost stripped the car of paint before some one raced over and hit the emergency stop
All the driver had to do was hit the gas and it would have stopped but he was crapping him self

The oil company put doors on the car wash after that

Steve

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Story three

Still Queenstown which is a beautiful place in both winter and summer. winter it has 5 ski fields within an hour as well as Heli Skiing etc on offer
Summer it is a play ground for Adrenalin junkies, white water river jet boat trips, rafting, Helicopter tours etc
Bungee Jumping, Parachuting and Hang Gliding (or as the Irish call them Budgie Jumping, Parrot Shooting and Hen Gliding)

Any way, another Oil company car wash that i was called to to get a car out of that had become stuck
The non locals had decided to give the rental Subaru 4wd wagon a car wash after a day on the ski field
Went in side and got the ticket and didnt understand about not having anything on the roof of the car that was being told to them by the attendant
The car wash is around the back of the building and is not visible from the cashiers counter in the station
The cashier heard an almighty bang and went out to see what had happened
The guy and his lady friend had left their skis on the roof and gone into the carwash
The top brush had picked up a ski binding and broke the ski and on the next revolution had driven it through the roof of the car into the back seat
They could not get out of the car (they could have got out the back door of the wagon but fright had taken over)
No one was hurt but the car looked quite strange with a half a ski in its roof when we cut it free
They tried to sue the station for emotional harm and damage to the car but disclaimers on the front of all car washes here take care of that
The owner of the station said he would have paid them for the entertainment value

This is around 25 years ago, if it was now i could forward you a link to it but that is how times change i guess, do dumb shit now and you wont get away with it not being on the net, back then a day later it was forgotten

Steve