EVs

bobs409

Administrator
They better perform some miracles then. So far it seems like a disaster!

The price to buy one, the price to replace the battery, the amount of lithium it takes to produce the batteries, the fact that when enough get going, the power grid will be over loaded plus a few more but it's too early to list them all. I can't see people putting up with this but then again, todays society is mostly made up of whack-jobs so maybe I'm wrong.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
They better perform some miracles then. So far it seems like a disaster!

The price to buy one, the price to replace the battery, the amount of lithium it takes to produce the batteries, the fact that when enough get going, the power grid will be over loaded plus a few more but it's too early to list them all. I can't see people putting up with this but then again, todays society is mostly made up of whack-jobs so maybe I'm wrong.

I think it would all be fine if they just didn't Force the public into buying them with the climate hoax crap excuse. Batteries and cars will get cheaper in time. The electric grid will be expanded. The biggest thing I see is depending on countries like China to source Batteries from. Obviously we didn't learn anything from the chip shortage we are having.

bobs409

Administrator
More tax dollars down the rabbit hole...

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6

This is Bull! As far as I know decades ago when oil companies started setting up gas stations to support gas powered vehicles and I believe that they footed the cost! However, being I wasn't even born for decades later I'm not 100% sure on this, you know how crooked politics are! So let some business set then up without taxpayers' money!

Mark

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15

They forgot to mention the cost of electricity to power the stations, let alone the grids inability to supply power when they do away with coal and natural gas.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Realizing the Rats track record with coming up with votes pulled out of their azzes both from live and dead people I'll go and say this anyway, just let the voters vote on this EV Bullcrap! But I guess I also need to stop and consider the Rat voters problem with mental retardation when it comes to voting on anything!!!

Mark

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11

I checked the approved plans by Highway Department plans in South Dakota, Iowa and MIchigan.
All the charging stations in these 3 states are going to "only be on the Interstate Highways" and they will be "privately owned" off selected interchanges -not at rest stops.

Great system not covering enough area................................ -looks like no actual construction for about 2/3 years with site selection, finding private companies, design, property etc.

Paul

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I checked the approved plans by Highway Department plans in South Dakota, Iowa and MIchigan.
All the charging stations in these 3 states are going to "only be on the Interstate Highways" and they will be "privately owned" off selected interchanges -not at rest stops.

Great system not covering enough area................................ -looks like no actual construction for about 2/3 years with site selection, finding private companies, design, property etc.

Paul

Typical bureaucrats. 5 billion to 50 states for charging stations that are privately owned. WTF

chuckl

Well Known Member
What is the charging cost ($$$) and charging time for a "typical" EV, on the Interstate, at a privately-owned charging station that is under water in South Florida?

• Haha
Reactions: 327