Dragstrips Attended

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
OK. Ready for mine. Here we go; Island Dragway, Great Meadows, NJ, but it was several times LOL.

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
Greg.......I was a member of your club and I STILL have all the issues you sent me!!!!! Your tech articles always amazed me!!!!:clap:clap:clap

Phil!! I did it because it was fun.The club was kind of an extension of who I am, a mainstream Christian conservative with a mind of my own. I tried to give you guys the exact thing I would have wanted for my $10 dues money, I think I did that. After 9 years, I got tapped out. We had a son and a daughter about that time, now both grown and on their own,i have 27 years in with the City of Los Angeles, we're looking to retire in about two years,I'm not yet 60, and this forum talks about a lot of fun times. The real steam behind our old club, and the one who made it widepread and well known was Doug Marion. We still communicate,although rarely,but the real satisfying thing was the times that old members still look me up and we visit. i guess that means it was a success. I only had a few complainants, and by the tone of their communications, I don't think anybody could have made them happy, because some people don't know how to be happy. What a waste of life that must be!! This forum has sure taken over where we left off. It's great to see!

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
OK. Ready for mine. Here we go; Island Dragway, Great Meadows, NJ, but it was several times LOL.

I have a good friend in Denville, NJ that, in 1980 or so had a 61 Impala, and he wanted to try NHRA Stock Eliminator with it. He put in a 348/250 horse with the legal goodies, a 4 speed, whatever rear end was legal, and it ran around 13 flat at 100. The index was about a 13.40, so it was a good car. He ran it at Island and spoke well of the place.

LongIsland63SS409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Westhampton on Long Island in 1979, closed in 2004.
Englishtown in New Jersey.
Maple Grove in PA.
Moroso Motorsports Park in Palm Beach Florida now named Palm Beach International.
Moroso Motorsports Park Hollywood Florida now closed.
ATCO in New Jersey.
ZMax in North Carolina.

Mike

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I raced Great Lakes, WI, Oswego, IL, US 30, IN, Lake Geneva, WI, Byron, IL, Meadowdale, IL. I street raced everywhere, Clyborn, Elston, 111th and Dan Ryan, Mannheim Rd, County Line Rd., Industrial Rd. etc...

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I raced Great Lakes, WI, Oswego, IL, US 30, IN, Lake Geneva, WI, Byron, IL, Meadowdale, IL. I street raced everywhere, Clyborn, Elston, 111th and Dan Ryan, Mannheim Rd, County Line Rd., Industrial Rd. etc...

What no North ave by Skips ? Did the coppers turn the hydrants on when the had a snitch ?