Cost of gas

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Hi everyone. I know we are all affected by it, but does anyone know why the price of gas has gone up so much lately??. I tried to find an answer and some think it is because of the wars taking place in Israel/Gaza and Ukraine. I don't know about that. Ukraine war has been going on since February 2022 and I don't think the price of gas has gone up like it has recently. Actually, I thought it had come down some. It's gone up where I live 24 cents per gallon in the past few days. We're at $3.59 per gallon. I saw in CA. it was $5.49 per gallon. WOW!!!! Not a good sign with the nicer weather coming in many areas. It only goes up more. Better hold your hand over your sphincter muscle so you don't get violated too much, Carmine.

rconnors

Here in Nova Scotia Canada gas is $1.85 a litre today or $7.10 Canadian dollars a US gallon… we had 3 taxes on fuel in Canada .. 2 of them federal taxes and one provincial or Nova Scotia … a new carbon tax which is federal makes 4 seperate taxes…. Long story short 38% of every $1.00 is tax on fuel. Good news … We have water frontage property 2 acres on the ocean… property taxes are $1200 year … modest home…

DreamChevy64

Well Known Member
Here in NYC regular gas is about $3.49 per gallon. Along with the higher gas prices we have the joy of alternate side street parking, lots of potholes, traffic, congestion pricing is coming. That’s the big Apple for ya!

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Gone up at least 45 cents in last 3 months - $ 3.24 for unleaded with 10 % ethanol at Sams
$ 3.37 at Caseys

smittys09

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
About $3.25 at Lake of the Ozarks, hey PVS if you buy Caseys gas here in Mo. in a short matter of time, you will find out if you have towing on your insurance policy!!

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
About $3.25 at Lake of the Ozarks, hey PVS if you buy Caseys gas here in Mo. in a short matter of time, you will find out if you have towing on your insurance policy!!
My enclosed trailer has separate insurance -not sure what you mean?
we have a Casey's 2 blocks from my house

vin 58

Supporting Member 1
I heard he shut half of Alaska was shut down and not sure where else all the news story said he cut US production. Vin

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I just did a little research on oil in this country. We import more then we export. In 2017 for instance, our imported oil amounted to 19% of our needs. For the life of me, I cannot understand why we export any oil at all?? Why would we do that when we need the oil for ourselves and end up importing some. Just doesn't make sense to me. If we have extra, then sure, but we don't. I also read not too long ago, that Biden is refusing to replenish our oil reserves that he depleted when the cost of gas skyrocketed a few years ago. This was suppose to stabilize prices, but from what I recall, it did very little if anything. We need those oil reserves fully stocked. Isn't it dangerous to our security and safety not to have that?? I still can't believe he shut down the oil pipeline which I thought was near completion. This guy doesn't have a clue and is such a bad leader for this country. I can't wait for November, Carmine.
Just saw the above thread. That also.