348/409 Nationals at Summit Motorsport Parks Blue Suede Cruise July 29-31st Is Officially A Go!!!!!!

Silent Sam

Supporting Member 1
That was an excellent weekend at Summit Motorsports Park. It's always great to see everyone. Thanks to Bryan for organizing and to Loreen & Crew for the excellent food. Congratulations to Steven Moyer. He was on his game all day and he had a perfect reaction time against me in the semifinals. I was happy with my car after struggling with it the last couple of outings. I had several people tell me that our 348-409 group put on one hell of a show. That's always great to hear!

Tom Geib
The Boogeyman

Steve "wully bully"

Supporting Member 1
For the record, there were 22 cars make the call for first round. We drew numbers from a box for pairings, which were as follows:

1st Round:
Joel Schneeweis beat Dave Coots
Denny Perry beat Brian Labombard
Ricky Inghram beat Dave Mills
Barry Taylor beat Scott Hall
Tom Geib beat Bo Martin
Caroline Galvin beat Dave Wesolowski
Steven Moyer beat Steve Gamache
Ray Lehberger beat Shan Dalley
Ralph Dehne beat Valerie McCombs
Philip Moyer beat Bryan Fugate
Denny Ford beat Mark Steele

2nd Round:
Barry had the bye (.008)
Denny P. beat Joel
Tom beat Ricky
Steven beat Caroline
Ray beat Ralph
Philip beat Denny F.

3rd Round:
Barry beat Denny P.
Steven beat Tom
Philip beat Ray

Semi's should have been Barry vs. Philip, with Steven earning the bye, but Barry couldn't make the call, so instead of running two singles for the semi's we went right to the finals, where I won. Philip had a .004 red light trying to beat me, I had a .016 green against him.

Thanks again to every one! Thanks to Loreen and crew for dinner Saturday! Thanks especially to Bryan for doing all he does to organize these events and get sponsors for the purse!

And as Tom said, we received lots of compliments from photographers, spectators, track personnel and even Dave Kindig on how great a class of race cars we presented!

Last edited:

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I would like to sincerely thank Carl, Steven, Phillip and any of the other Wully Bully Team for giving me ample time to change out the battery and then helped me replace that battery with the original battery and being there with their jumper box to help get it started! My hats off to the whole team!!!!!

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Some more thanks! Bryan Fugate for putting all of this together and making it work!! Scott Hall for jumping in there and helping me get my battery changed around with my gaggle of all black coded wires to get put back in there proper place. Loraine “hope i spelled it right” and the girls put on another great Sat. dinner. The Norwalk track and its staff! “Wow” this place is like Disney Land!! All in All it was a great weekend with great weather and great friends! I’ll definitely be back next year good Lord willing! I forgot to add my good friend Shan stayed with me and helped me get the car loaded! Thanks Shan

Last edited:

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Bryan's plaque presented to him at the Saturday night meal. Thanks Loreen and company. 20220719_115058.jpgThe racers at Norwalk were gracious enough to generously donate this plaque and $3,000 for all his hard work organizing our races. He's the man....:clap:clap

Last edited: