Windage tray

born2drivea55

When taking my engine apart the other day I found that the windage tray is missing from the intake. The windage tray itself isn't that expensive but the new bolts are $28.00 a piece. Is there any alternatives to the $28.00 bolts on show-cars. com? This engine tear down keeps getting better n better! A cracked head, missing windage tray, whats next? :bang

Thanks,
Dustin

oldskydog

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
When taking my engine apart the other day I found that the windage tray is missing from the intake. The windage tray itself isn't that expensive but the new bolts are $28.00 a piece. Is there any alternatives to the $28.00 bolts on show-cars. com? This engine tear down keeps getting better n better! A cracked head, missing windage tray, whats next? :bang

Thanks,
Dustin

Dustin,
You must mean the windage tray in the pan, not the intake.
I don't know of any susbstitute for the expensive main cap bolts with studs that hold the windage tray on, but I'm sure others will speak up.:dunno

BARRYS770

Supporting Member 1
I believe that the Intake manifold windage tray from Show Cars comes with the rivets. Also, the rivets can be purchased separately for $5.00 a set.

Barry