Votes: 9 13.6%

Votes: 24 36.4%

Votes: 13 19.7%

Votes: 2 3.0%

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
What is your favorite year full size chevrolet?
Vote for your favorite 58 through 65 W motor Chevrolets.
I am curious to see what is the more popular or favorable.
Vote for the year vehicle you would most like to own and have in your garage.
This will include Impala, Belair, Biscayne, Wagon, convertible etc...

bobs409

Administrator
Good to see someone trying out the polls!

I can tell you right now that 1962 will probably be the winner, followed by 1963. How do I know this? Do I have special powers? No, I did a vote like this on the old site. ;)

Lets see if it turns out the same.

By the way, I voted 1963 because I have one but I truly love every year you listed! Each one has something unique that I like. Wish I had 1 of every year! :p

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
I'm with you Bob,
I would have at least one of each if I could.
I had a hard time choosing myself.
chose 1962 but could easily be swayed to 1959.
:cheers

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I've owned 3 58's and 2 64's and I think the 58 is the best looking of all the W motored cars.

Depends on the body style

For me, it depends on the body style.
And my favourite rag top isn't even on the list !

Rag................ 64 Parisienne Custom Sport ( actually 62 Impala is kinda neck'n neck )
Impala 2dr....... 61 ( 62 is a close second as well as 61 Parisienne )
Belair 2dr HT.... uuuuh... that would be 62 ! ( 61 is there too )
2 dr sedn........ I think a 59 ! ( this is a tough one... 61 & 63 Pontiac too )
wagon............ again, 63 Parisienne / 62 Belair
4 dr HT........... 64 Impala
4 dr sdn.......... 61 Impala

Now you know how much thought I had to put into my vote !
:p

bobs409

Administrator
Decisions...decisions. :D

So which did you actually vote for? I bet it was the '62. Those '62's are cleanin' house so far.

T

truck4092

I'm with tripower,I've had 61,62,63 and 65 chevies but have had 4 58 chevies in the past(wish I still had em' all)but there is something about the 58 that "turns my crank"!:D

I

IgnitionMan

Man, which one to choose?

I have:
Bubble top
1963 Z11
1964 Ss 409 2z4
1965 convert, 409

Oh, heck, I can't single just one out, I vote for all of them.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Choose

I voted for the 61 thinking I could vote again for the 60. Even though I own a 60 Impala I have a yearning for the understated lines of the 61.:)

Wrencher

hold on...

I voted for the '62, but that '61 283 bubble top with cut rear fenders I passed up (in '76) that is killin' me! Now I have to watch for a home for my W... I had a '63 2 door in the ealy '70's, but it was a rust bucket and I traded it for a hydro that I ran on the river for 5 years, off and on. Best chick magnet I ever had, bar none...

bobs409

Administrator
No one likes '64's? What would Cheech say? lol Heck, I almost bought one when I was about 14. Car got sold out from under me. :mad: I'll never forget that faded green $150 dollar 1964 Impala. :cry

Hey, after seeing those 58's at the Carlisle show, im really starting to like them! :cool:

SteveD409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I voted '63 because I like the looks and so much great Chevy racing and power 'happenings' took place during that model year; i.e. the Z11,the mystery motor and more. And, also, it was (oh! my gawd!) the year I graduated from high school.:eek:

SteveD

I

IgnitionMan

I like the 64's, and even wish my Z11 were a 64 body style. Still, it's hard to pick a single year/model.

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I own a 64, ordered it new, and have had it so long, I would not trade it for any other year or model. But the question was "which year is your favorite"?:) So.......I voted for a 61. Had a 61 4 door hardtop I wish I still had, also had a 59 348 convert I wish I still had. Oh well,,,,,:rolleyes:
Ron

bobs409

Administrator
For me, 1955-1970 were the best cars ever made and the best looking. I don't really care for the 71-ups or 54-down. (unless we're talking trucks)

I had a '68. Had a love affair with the 65-66's when I was younger-never got either of those years. Came close to having a 55 Belair, 62 Belair and a '64 Impala but none worked out. (probably others that I have forgotten)

What they make today makes me sick! I'd walk before I would buy anything 80's and up. Seriously! :( I know I'll never own a new car in my lifetime. I missed the boat. :cry

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
Isn't there anyone out there who is willing to go against the odds and stand up for the 64 chevrolet???
I really expected the 63's and 64's to be a close race.

bobs409

Administrator
Since we have 121 members and only 54 voted, I'd say there is probably a few '64 owners in there. You'd think we were asking to vote in a president or something. :p :D

bobs409

Administrator
Bringing an old topic back

I thought I'd drag this old topic out of the dark depths of the forum. We have lots of new members since this was posted so let the votes continue... Maybe still some hope for those '64's!