What ever happened to

Fabric Master

A while back someone was talking about George Barris, I was wondering what ever happened to T.V. Tommy Ivo, and my favorite upholsterer, Tony Nancy? Thanks.:confused: Dave.

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Your Girl

http://www.junglepam.com/

Thought you might like this, DQ

Knew Jungle and Pam slightly. There is a funny car reunion this next weekend at Englishtown, NJ. Pam will be there. You will like her web site.

Barris is still around. A guy here in Middletown owns the Bugghazi Barris built in about 73. Restored it. Nice car. Built on a Mark 111 chassis.

Someone is restoring one of Ivo's old cars. Don't remember who right now.

Not real sure on Tony Nancy. I think someone on the fuel coups site said he is redoing one of his old front engined fuel dragsters.

A lot of the old funny car drivers and crew are on the fuel coupes site. A lot of pictures of the old good looking funny cars are put up almost every night. Good cars, not the cookie cutter funny cars we see today.

Fred

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thanks Fred,,,I`ll have sweet dreams tonite !!!,,,dq

BTW,,,Do you think the guy racing in the other lane was distracted??? heeee heeee

Super(sport)Man

Well Known Member
Originally posted by dq409
Thanks Fred,,,I`ll have sweet dreams tonite !!!,,,dq

BTW,,,Do you think the guy racing in the other lane was distracted??? heeee heeee

Makes me wish I was ten years older, so that I could've REALLY enjoyed the bra/silicone-free 70's!:cuss

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
70s

A friend who was running around in the early 70s was complaining about the no bra days. She was right in there with them. Now complains that her bra size went from a 36C to a 42 LONG! Poor girl!

Fred

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Some of the most spectacular racing was years ago. If anyone attended the first Smokers Fuel and Gas Championships in Bakersfield they know what I mean. 100,000 people and 300 dragsters, it was the most awsome event I've ever been to. It was all done by a car club called the Smokers. They invited a guy by the name of Garlits to come and race the California guys to see who was fastest. The problem was that Chris Karimasines, Bobby Langley and everyone else didn't want to be left out. If you weren't there it is almost impossible to describe.:cool: Roy

Fabric Master

Roy, we must be about the same age. I wasn't there, but do remember like it was yesterday. Still remember the first jet powered car I saw. Wow, what a trash burner that was. Bring back the good old days.