What a great site

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hi everyone and how's it all going!
Gavin here from New Zealand!
Firstly I'd just like to say what a great site this seems to be and it looks as if there is so much comradeitry here unlike some other sites I have been to in the past! It looks to be very informative and helpful of, which I sure to have a lot of questions on the way!
Well I have been in the hot rodding side of things for a good number of years and currently have in the stable a pro street 55 Chev with BB, 32 3W Coupe with supercharged 350 and with the more recent aquisition of a 59 Chev nomad (photo's attached of all).
I was doing a tour of the great USA in July/Aug 08 (as most of NZ at the time) and came across this great wagon in LA with next to rust in and was to good a deal to pass up, so graded it and sent home. Currently working on this now, love the size of these wagons!
Like every good owner of these machines, currently trying to identify as to whether or not this came out with a W motor! Currently has a 283, no emblems on hood!
Well must leave it there for now, so hope I haven't bored anyone and will be back later.
Cheers
Gav:cheers

Attachments

• 32 coupe.jpg
    32 coupe.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 66
  • P1010580_0227.jpg
    P1010580_0227.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0239.jpg
    IMG_0239.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 70

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Welcome to the zoo........ and yes there is a great bunch of guys here..... and a ton of information.

Just ask the question, someone here will have the answer I'm sure.

Dave

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome aboard Gavin. Nice rides. And you are right, this is a great site. Great commaridery (i'm sure I pelled that wrong), we sometimes have differing opinions but thats our method of getting to right conclusions. Anyhow, jump in the waters fine. :cool:

Ray, someimes :crazyRay, actually ,most of the time.

348stroker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome Gavin! :cool: BTW what's that white stuff on the ground around the coupe? :scratch I thought NZ was closer to the Equator than the US. :dunno

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome aboard Gavin:beerbang Nice stable of cars you have there. I don't think your boring anyone Thats why we come here to talk about car:cool: From what you have said about the 59 I'm assuming that the 283 dose not have 58-59 date codes on it and is not it's original engine:dunno. There are several recent treads talking about that very subject. One way to tell if it had a W in it is to look for a larger 3/8 fuel line that will run under the A arm. I will look for that tread and give you the link. Ken

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hi all,
Thanks for the welcome comments.
Yes at times where all have to be a little crazy to do what we do and to punish ourselves in order to get our rides to the way we like them!:crazy

348stroker, yes that is snow in the background! Being in the South Island we are actually closer to the the Antarctica:eek: But this is all good.

Ken, cant read the date code but the casting # 3789935 dates between 61-64:doh. It does have 3/8 fuel line and fuel sender pick-up. The fuel line does go under the A arm:clap
as mentioned there are no emblems on the bonnet but I have looked under the bonnet and see where the holes have been welded up! there is a straight row of 4 holes maybe for the word chevrolet and above this there is a V shape of 4 holes so maybe this was for the V emblem with flags.:pray

If you can find those other threads would be great!
Thanks for everyone's help.

C U All:cool: