Way up north

Licensed to kill

Well Known Member
Just signed up. Was looking for info on a 348 and was directed here from another site. Found lots of valuable info that helped me decide on buying the 348. Once I get it, I imagine I'll have alot of questions.

348stroker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome LTK:cheers, there is a lot of good info here, and sometimes someone starts a soap opera thread, that can be fun, but then I'm easily amused. :roll We like pictures, lots of 'em, before and after. :cool:

Licensed to kill

Well Known Member
Thanks guys. I was just over in the chat room but.........:dunno, I think I got lost:scratch. I don't have any pictures that would be of much interest. Bought an engine but won't get it for a week or so. It's likely second from the bottom (or maybe THE bottom) of the "desireable scale" (early '58, 872 block, 791 heads) but I'm still excited about it. Hopefully it won't turn out to be a POS:eek:;)

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome aboard LTK:beerbang Working on a 348 project myself. But you forgot to mention what you plan to put this 348 in:rolleyes: What do you say about giving us some more details:pray Ken

Licensed to kill

Well Known Member
Well.......what i REALLY want is to put the 348 into a black '55 pontiac 2dr post but a black '55 chevy 2dr post would be good also or a '63 chev short/step pickup. As you can see, at this point I'm unsure. I'm working on a '64 chev short/fleet 4X4 right now but it has a 327 that will soon be getting a tripower setup so the 348 will have go go elsewhere.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Welcome aboard!!!

How far north are you???? Whitecourt...High Level???????????

Licensed to kill

Well Known Member
Great guess Phil. We're about 2 hours north of Whitecourt. To be more precise, (if your familiar with the area) 30 min west of High prairie, 30 Min north of Valleyview and 30 min south of Falher;)

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well.......what i REALLY want is to put the 348 into a black '55 pontiac 2dr post but a black '55 chevy 2dr post would be good also or a '63 chev short/step pickup. Do you own one of each of these cars/trucks:dunno

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Guy, AB???????

In August we moved our daughter and family to Anchorage, Alaska. We drove up Highway 43 just south of you over to Grande Prairie and up to Dawson Creek and northward!!!

In 2006, we rode the Harleys up to Yellowknife, NWT and went right past you!! Spent the night in High Level then straight north to Yellowknife. You have more damn biting flies and misquotios up there!!! When we would pull into a gas station...riding with all our leathers on...it would take no more than 15 to 20 seconds until our whole face and hands would be covered by those little black flies!!!:bang:bang:bang:bang Anyway...still an enjoyable trip!!! For those of you who don't know where Yellowknife is............that's where the trucks started north on the Discovery Channels' Ice Road Truckers. I also have a customer who lives in Whitecourt that I met 3 years ago.

Licensed to kill

Well Known Member
Do you own one of each of these cars/trucks:dunno

No, those are on my wish list. At this point I only have the engine. Well, actually, I don't even have THAT in my possession but it's on it's way. That's not to say that I don't have ANY projects as i am still working on the '64 4X4 but, alas, it only has a 327.

Licensed to kill

Well Known Member
Guy, AB???????

Well, that's where we get our mail but we are a bit south of there. We live on a quarter.

For those of you who don't know where Yellowknife is............that's where the trucks started north on the Discovery Channels' Ice Road Truckers.

A good friend of mine that live 5 miles from here has had a truck on that run for the last three years. He wanted me to put one up there but I'm usually busy building ice roads north of Ft McMurray in the winter.

58 Guy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Welcome Mr Bond

Hello and welcome
If you've got a question and these guy's can't answer it, there probably isn't an answer.
:bow:bow:bow:bow

Just started tearing down my 872 block date is D1158 I think it should be O.K. for my 58 Chevy until I get a later stroker.
Like the sound of it going into a Poncho you don't see a lot of those.
When I was a teenager my Mom had a 58 4 door Strato Cheif with the orig 283
that thing went pretty good and the Pontiacs are pretty dam good looking.
Either way keep us posted :cheers:cheers
John

pg409

Well Known Member
Hey Cody, I see you found your way here from my directions. Hope this site
helps ya out a lot..........

Another Canadian Rodder guy

Licensed to kill

Well Known Member
Yup, thanks for the pointer PG409. I actually have already learned alot from this site. I've been all over this site gleaning information about these engines before buying one and when I called the guy selling the one I ended up buying, I asked alot of questions to be sure of what exactly he was selling and after a bit, he said "gee, you know quite alot about these engines". I said "no, not really but I've been doing some research and have learned a little bit". I feel fairly confident of exactly what I'm getting. What it's actually worth....well, that we're not so sure:D