The 409er Wagon

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
You are my NEW HERO!!!!
I started in business Dec. 1983. My second or third car purchase was a black/red 64 Impala totally loaded 425HP 4-speed station wagon. Then I bought a 65 340HP 409 gold with beige top .CA built rust free and running station wagon. Inside side the back was all torn up because the owner carried firewood!!!!! Then later on found an all original white/blue 62 Belair 380HP 409 .....CA built, rust free with original engine and trans. (THANK YOU TEXAS!!!!!!!). I never could find a 63 4-speed wagon......all were powerglides and I wanted all 4-speeds!!
You have a standard 340 air cleaner and I see you have AC....that requires a short snorkel air cleaner.
Love your car!!!

wristpin

Well Known Member
Have you tried adjusting and tuning the engine yet? If you'd like the carb rebuilt reguardless of anything else perhaps we could make a deal. Probably not normal here and if anyone has Any Objections please feel free to private message either 409er Wagon or myself to say you'd prefer this not happen. You don't have to give any reason. I will defer to what anyone prefers.
Here's the deal...you buy the rebuild kit and send the kit and the drained and flushed carb to me. I will rebuild and factory set the carb and send it back to you within a week or two of receiving it. As payment you get ahold of Bob's 409 our Illustrious Administrator and pay both our dues as Supporting Members. I'm putting this out here so if it's improper it can be brought up as such, so 409er Wagon has members here watching his back (because let's face it...nobody really knows me and he's entrusting a carb to me).

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey, I know where you come from.
Be vewwy, vewwy cautious of old wrist rocket. He is actually in the witness protection program so you never know when he may disappear!

Just yanking your chain buddy!