Susan Conaway.

Susan Conaway

Thanks so much for approving me. I have an ulterior motive for being on here. It's for my big brother. He was friends with Dan Dean and helped him work on a car. I'm hoping someone may have info and photos of the car and maybe of my brother Mike Bloomhuff and Dan working together. Stories and anything else that I might be able to print off and share with my brother. PS I do love muscle cars etc. So it's a plus either way. Susie

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Sorry I can't help Susan. I live North of Cedar Rapids. Maybe someone from down your way will chime in.

Last edited:

wristpin

Well Known Member
Welcome Susan. I'm sure somebody here will have pictures and stories about your older brother. There are actually some very decent and knowledgable people on here...anyway that's what I've been told :write.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Susan...I met Dan while attending the Dallas Super Chevy shows in the mid-late 80'so. Dan would never remember me but his Armtech (spelling is probably not correct) black 62 Belair was always one of my favorites. I may have spoken with youth brother but not sure.
We have a member here named Pat Lobb who raced in the Dallas area all thru the 60's and 70's. Hopefully Pat will be able to fill you in.
Thanks for joining and best wishes.

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Susan, what year and possibly what car would this have been. I new Dan Well. I grew up with his kids. Sadly all of the Dean family are dead now. Dan did all of the engine work and tuning on my dads cars. I do have one maybe two pictures of Dan with my dad Buddy Taylor standing beside my dads White 63 Chevy. I will try to post picture. Regards, Barry Taylor

racergurl409

Well Known Member
Im posting these for my Dad(Barry Taylor). He will be on sometime monday to elaborate more on them :D What I do know is that theyre of my grandpa with his car. Im not very helpful, just doing the technical stuff that Dad cant ;)

Attachments

• IMG_1687.JPG
    IMG_1687.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1688.JPG
    IMG_1688.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Susan, this is the only picture of Dan who is kneeling, and my father standing that I can find at this time. Dad and Dan had a very similar friendship that myself and Ronnie Russell had. I put the cars together and drove em, and Ronnie made them run fast. I'll try to find some more pictures soon. Regards, Barry