Showcars distributor adaptor sleeve question

I was finally able to crank and break in my 409 engine this weekend! Everything went great with only 1 issue. I used the adaptor sleeve I bought from Showcars so I could use the Holley hyperspark distributor ( along with the entire holley sniper 2 setup ) and found that once you use the adaptor sleeve it raises the distributor up the distance of the collar that they provide. This caused the hold down plate to be too short to reach the distributor correctly. I did some work wit a burring bit and tack welded a nut to the backside to make this work for break-in purposes but I was curious if there are special made hold downs for use with this adaptor sleeve? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Murphdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Had the same issue when we used the adapter in White Lightning. Don't remember altering the slot, but I did weld a 3/8 hex nut to the bottom (9/16") at the tail and used a long set screw for a stud instead of a bolt.
Jeff

Last edited:

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 16
The spread of the hold down is wider on the 409 than the small block big block distributor. I would use one for a small block big block, it will fit the distributor better.