Radial vs. non-radial

Gerry

Supporting Member 1
Has anyone experienced any ill handling problems when using non-radial tires on the rear like Mickey Thompson ET Street or ET Drag Slicks and standard radial tires on the front? I would like to get some opinions before I buy the drag tires.

ss409cid

Well Known Member
I have installed the radial non radial combos for a number of customers with no complaints. The BFG drag radial is an alternative for a match.....SS

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I have just installed Hoosier DOT slicks (bias) on the rear and BFG TA`s on the front without any problems. Of course you would`nt want to road race with this combo but normal? driving is no problem,,,dq

bobs409

Administrator
I think the problem comes in if it's the other way around. Bias on the front and radials on the back. I could be wrong though...it's been eons since my teenage years when you used what you had! :D :p I had a car with that combo and it felt like the car was all over the road. Eerie feeling and supposedly unsafe.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I had a `65 Impala SS in high School and had radials on the front and BIG wide bias on the back,,,,,Many time I lost it in hard cornering and the front plowed straight as I tried to turn. Hit many a curb and bent the a-arms but nothing else,,,Always thought it was the darn car until it was pointed out to me,,,,,dq