R63ss

R63ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Hi guys,I figured it was time to introduce myself.I have been on this site for a little over a year.I am currently restoring a 63 impala ss 409 convertible for my father in law.He has had many muscle cars but this one is his dream car.I have read every thread
diligently and have learned so much about how these cars were made and what it takes to make them correct.At this point I am working on sheet metal (quarters,wheel houses,floors,etc) as life up here in NH took its toll on the car.I can't wait to get through this process and begin reassembly.My father in law did an amazing job acquiring nos parts,and half my basement is filled with boxes full of parts.I can't wait to see his face light up when I give him the completed car back.I just wanted to say thanks to the members for all the knowledge that has been posted here.The more I work on and research these cars the more I have grown to appreciate what they are and what they stood for.
Thanks again
Rick

R63ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Yes it is,but originally was a 340 hp with a powerglide.The previous owner put the heads intake carbs and air cleaner on it.The car is a 4 speed now.Everything is date code correct.I have all the original parts if he ever decides to make it 100 % correct but I don't see that happening.

R63ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Thanks for the welcome guys.
I am in New Hampshire.
Phil,I believe you know my father in law,he speaks very highly of you.As a matter of fact quite a few of the boxes of parts came from
Classic Motor co.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Great!!!! Who is your father in law??? If you don't want put his name here....send me a PM.

R63ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
You guys are ruthless but I think that is one of the things that makes this site so entertaining