One more newbie from up North

JSavoie

Well, not much to say else than I'm from Québec, Canada. South East from Montréal and I'm 55.

None of my 4 grown-up sons share my passion for antique/modified (read restorods and streetrods). My hopes are with my younger boys (age 9 and 12) but eventhough they like "old cars", they still don't share the passion.
Maybe later, who knows... I had a chance at a 1955 210 (canadian) empty hull without engine/tranny for a thousand bucks (close to 750$US) and didn't take it. I'm more into keeping my money for a pre-54 Panel to restore and modify so outside it LOOKS stock but will have some goodies like front disc brakes, a 6 cyl engine and automatic transmission. I want to build something that will be fuel efficient yet able to climb steep hills like those you see in Vermont. I have my sights on a 1953 GMC panel and I'm always open to comments. PS diesel or gas, whatever floats your boat!

Jocelyn (aka Josh) Savoie

JSavoie

Thanks! Now, I still have to find some way to bring that panel home as it is way up North (almost a 10 hour drive not calculating trafic jams throughout Montréal).
Well, that's just part of the fun isn't it?

Josh

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Welcome to the site. :beer
by Canadian terms I'm practically next door in Ontario.
I hope you can make a deal on that 1953 GMC panel. It would be a great project. :beer

JSavoie

Thank you jim and dan! Jim, the only thing thickling me is the fact that the 53 doen't have side Windows while the 1952 Fargo that the same owner (a garage) has. This Fargo was painted and used as a schoolbus but kept the regular panel doors, no folding door on the right side.
At least, parts for the GMC be it repro or upgrades are way easier to find for what I know.

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
......hey welcome JSavoie.......you've just joined the best damn site on the planet.......:hug

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Go for the GMC, it is a much more desirable vehicle and your hard work and investment will be better rewarded.

JSavoie

And it seems way easier to get parts, to convert to front disc brakes that the Fargo.
I hope it won't be sold before I cab go have a look in person for I don't trust buying without having seen "in the flesh" so to speak.
Snow will probably be completely melted only by the end of June there.