On The Road Again !!!

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
To All :
I took my Impala on a two hour ride yesterday and what a joy !!! Everything is running and working without any problems !!!
After two years of Murphy and his Laws it`s a DREAM to be able to hit the key and highway and not have a single problem !!!
It ran flawless for two solid hours!!!
No nasty noises,,,grinds,,,,oil leaks,,,,spits or sputters,or over heating!!!
AIN`T this the way it should be ?? LOL !!!
A BIG thanks to all of you for the support and help I`ve asked for over the last two years. I have had help from other sources but I would not have made it without this site and it`s members !!
Through the knowledge ,it helped fix the problems and the humor got me through the toughest times!!
I`ve made some great friends even though we have never meet (other then a few) and could not have done this with out Aubreys(OZ) help and support!!
Now to all the rest of you that are currently trying to get your project on the road,,,NEVER give up and keep that nose to the stone!! I think mine (nose) is almost flat!!! heee heee
The information and understanding of what it takes to build our own cars and keep them running is all right here !!
Thanks again !!,,,dq:D :D :D :D :D :D

bobs409

Administrator
Glad to hear it dq! It's a great feeling knowing that you built it yourself isn't it. Nothing like a properly running antique Chevy to remind you that your alive.

Now the tough part is going to be avoiding all the idiots out there. Not only the ones that think there's a bulls eye on your door but all the ones that are going to go, "rev, rev" everytime they see you. You can't race them all. Use all the constraint you have to behave with that loud pedal! ;)

fourspeed409

Well Known Member
Thats great news DQ.
Did you get those coilovers installed? If so how does the suspension handle and hook up?
Keep the shinny side up.:D

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thanks guys!! Coil overs are on hold,,,lak of money to install them,,,, As far as hooking up ,,,if the weather holds I`ll know Friday nite!! ===== ==== === == dq