old member intro

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Hi guy's i joined in july , 2011.This is the day i bought and brought home After stop at car wash and some wheel's a big difference. .DSCF0024.JPGDSCF0023.JPGDSCF0017.JPG DSCF0022.JPG I had a 63 black ss new when i was 20 year's old, wanted another found this exactly like my first 63. I had several new car's after that , 64 ss 409 66 impala 396 4 speed 69 chevelle ss , 396 automatic , in my single year's.After i got married i had numerous car's 55 chevy frame up 62 's, 63's, 64's, and pickup's that i bought and sold . I worked on my dad's farm teen year's and in home constuction, and then started in the auto end working for firestone tire and goodyear in the service department learning car repair and alignment's and eventually for a f##d dealership , retired with them after 30 year's.Currently i have 2 1966 chevy pickup's a long fleetside and a short fleetside in frame up ,and my 63 black in frame up also, as my toy's, beside 's my newer pickup and other wife's car.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Welcome Don! I love those 63s, especially black! I'll be doing some traveling in the near future, may be near your neck of the woods.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Welcome Don.... I'm jealous of those of you who live in the dry states with solid trucks and cars. That 63 looks like a time capsule. Nothing at all wrong with a stout 327 / 4 speed combo.

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Welcome finally to the site Don:clap , As you know a great group of guys here:hug and lots of info on the "W" engine. Hope you're enjoying the ride.
:crazy:dance:cheers