Old Guy Named Junky

Junky

Well Known Member
I am just another one of the old codgers that loves old cars, and is old enough to remember when they were new. Bought my first "old" car, a 1955 Chevy convertible in 1959, with 103K on the odometer. Did a lot of work on that car mechanically, and fixed up the body with NOS parts from a local Chevy dealer that gave me a great deal on them, since after 4 years, they considered the parts as obsolete! That was a time when cars with high miles were sold cheap, or were destined to the salvage yard.
I have loved Chevys my whole life, and have owned many more than I care to remember over the years. Mostly convertibles, but a few closed cars in the mix also. Today, I own a few Corvairs, and a 1962 Chevrolet ambulance. I am in the process of getting all of the systems of the car functional, with the air conditioning being the biggest issue. Great to be here, although I have lurked as a guest for many years.

Junky

Well Known Member
Presently, it is a work in progress. I just had the roof painted, and still haven't finished installing the moldings or the lights in the roof pods.
One of the things that I am struggling with, is locating some needed parts, such as NOS rocker panel molding clips, and the drilling templates for both the rocker panel moldings, and the spotlight that is going to go on the left front fender. Any help in locating these needed items will be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20170116_113028.jpg
    IMG_20170116_113028.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 56

Junky

Well Known Member
Considering that just about every part on the car is original, I doubt that a 409 is in its future. It moves well with its 300 HP 327 CI Powerglide. The only thing that I haven't found that needs to be replaced on the drivetrain to bring it back to the way it was delivered, is a screw top 4657 AC fuel pump core.

bobs409

Administrator
I'm curious about the back end. Did is have a station wagon type rear gate? (probably not) I'd also like to hear the story behind it including how you acquired it. I like neat rarities like this. (I restored a tow truck!)

bobs409

Administrator
Curious, I thought I'd check google for old Chevy ambulances and I guess they all had the big "hearse" type door. I did find one that looks like Junky's car, maybe the same, probably not??? Here's a story on it:
http://blog.lategreatchevy.com/blue-light-special/

main-2.jpg