old 60 elky owner

jeff hall

Well Known Member
First, thanks for the great web sight. The information passed along here is fantastic . My first experience with a "W" was a 1960 Impala with a 335HP 3 speed. Had a lot of fun as long as I didn't try to go over 6000rpm That was 47 years ago and am just now getting back into the fun. I use the name Jeff Hall, someone already had the nickname I wanted to use.
I have a frame off 1960 El Camino in my shop and have found a good 348 truck engine and a BW 4 speed to hook up to it. Its been years since my rodding days so if I ask some foolish questions please bear with me.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome jeff, There are no foolish questions. Ask away and there is generally someone who has a good answer. :)

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Welcome to the site Jeff.:clap Lots of info here and a great group of guys. We all would like pictures of your ride please.

:crazy:cheers

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Old Elky

Welcome Jeff! I am also a Hall, and my first "W" in 1961 was also a 60 Impala 335 with a 3 speed. In the 80's I also had an El Camino, red with a white top, 283 stick, power steering, A/C, and trimmed out with an Impala interior. Should have kept that puppy! Lot's of luck with your build!

Lonnie