Nutts62

Nutts62

Jodi here, Bill Nuttalls son in the process of adopting and learning the ways on dad's 62 Belair Bubble Top with the so fine 409 in her. A long with his legacy we still have the 1971 Buick Skylark in the family which Dad, my son Chase, and I projected back together for Chases high school car. My daughter and I are building up her 1973 Chevy K20 pickup, I believe there might a post or two running around in here on that subject matter. And Finally my stalled project waiting for attention is a 1968 GMC Custom with an Air cab. It is in a daily driver/backup vehicle mode, but have high hopes of tearing it down and rebuilding to new, like dad with the Belair.

I haven't found a whole lot of information on the 409 in the Belair so I am thinking I may need to use y'all as a resource to help me keep it purring like it should.

My first question is I have found 2 bottles of lead additive in the car. Do these 409's need a lead additive added to the fuel? I have been running 93 octane unleaded, ethanol free fuel in the car. Is there an optimal octane level for the 409?

Thanks,
Jodi

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Welcome to the forum Jodi! Your dad was truly loved and admired by us here. It's good to have another "Nut" among us. My opinion, everyone has an opinion, is the lead additive isn't "required" if you're not going to be beating on the engine frequently. I've run 93 octane pump gas in my street car for years now and haven't had a problem.

Last edited:

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Welcome to the site...........Your father was well-respected on this site And has many many friends You should be proud to have his legacy

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Jodi, it is so good to hear you are a member here now. Your dad was a real class act and we all miss him. I'm almost sure Jack Gibbs built the engine in your '62 so he can probably go through his records and furnish any facts you want to know. Good luck and welcome to our site.

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
I was lucky enough to meet your dad, and he was a class act. Welcome Jodi! We will all help where we can.

Last edited:

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hi Jodi,
Welcome to the site,
Great to see you here and keeping your dad's passion alive
We met Bill at great Bend
A real nice guy, and sadly missed.

Steve

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Its great to see Bills car stay in the family, sorry we didnt get to meet you at the celebration of life but we got some pics of the Belair. Hope Linda is good. Pat and Patti

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Welcome Jodi. Met your Dad at Thompson in 2010. I immediately felt like I was talking to an old friend that I hadn't seen in years, he made me that comfortable. I'm sure you will take good care of Ms. Bella!! Give your Mom our Love from the Hall Family, and we hope she is doing well!!

Lonnie

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome Jodi, I never met Bill personally, but he was always knowledgeable and helpful when I asked any questions.

Don

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Welcome Jodi!!! Your dad was a real important member here.
Even with all his clutch problems at Great bend in 2014...............he still had a smile on his face!!!
Glad to have you aboard!!!

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Welcome Jodi like others have said your dad was well liked and a great man as I'm sure you know.Honored to have known him since 2010.

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Welcome to the site Jodi, and so glad you are taking care of Miss Bella. great group of guys here with a TON of information, great to have ya.

Martin

'59Imp

Well Known Member
Welcome to the club Jodi! I believe I just saw your car on Saturday at the Emmett car show! You have a beautiful car by the way! :D I live in Mountain Home, Idaho. My car (pictured at left) is a work in progress... I wanted to take it to that show, but couldn't as I got some transmission leakage issues going on currently, but the original 348 motor runs great.