my dealings with the w moter go back to the mid to early 60s. my first one was a 59 with a blowed moter. it came with a spare moter that i had the short block rebuilt at a autoparts store i put the rest together my self . iwas still in high school . it lasted about 2 weeks and a rod started knocked. i took a day off school and pulled the moter and took it apart in a garage with a dirt floor.i found the bad rod and pulled that head put another rod and used bearing back in used the same head gasket and put it back together with alot of gasket sealer. put the moter back in the car and drove it to school the next day. to fast forward i bought a 64 chevell and put a 348 in it. it had a junk exhaust on it but when your poor you have poor ways. it ran good but a buddy of mine knew a guy that window a 409 and was going to junk it . i bought it fore 10 bucks. know buddy wanted these moters anymore cause the 396 427 were more faverable. i bought a 409 race moter that had ben freshend up for 40 dollars but thats another story. i need to ask a question or some of your opion about a348 build ill put it on anouther thread.

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Welcome to the site Dennis.:clap Great group here and lots of info on the "W engine.:hug Enjoy the ride. We all would like some pictures of your project please Some of us can't read :hide

:crazy:cheers

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Welcome aboard,
Stop by Thompson in June 1-2 and you will see the most 409 in one place ever :beer