Newbie to the 348-409 forum

Fidel Gonzalez

Hello:
My name is Fidel, I have been a car enthusiast since I was a kid. Currently retired and I am a collector of classic cars. I currently have 14 and will probably collect or build more of them. I currently own 1 409 car. It is a 1963 Impala SS 409 425hp 4-speed car. I have been trying to find out how to find the built date but there is no built sheet on the car. If anyone know how or where I can find or decipher a code to find the built date it would be greatly appreciated. I know that it is not on the cowl tag or in the VIN.
Thanx

bobs409

Administrator
Hello:
I have been trying to find out how to find the built date but there is no built sheet on the car. If anyone know how or where I can find or decipher a code to find the built date it would be greatly appreciated. I know that it is not on the cowl tag or in the VIN.
Thanx

It should have a build date on the cowl tag. 3 characters above STYLE I believe.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
welcome to the site.

The build date and week the car was built is on the cowl tag on all 61 to 64 Chevys.
It will have a number and letter stamped in the cowl tag just above the 63-1847 on the cowl tag.

This site has some cowl tag and VIN tag information here including 409 engine information :
http://www.348-409.com/

There are other sources to decode information on your car with the cowl tag and VIN information
Paul