Newbie on a mission

strlnperf

Hi gentleman, My name is Eric Hill and I have been around 409's my whole life thanks to my father Jay Hill who ran a black A/S 62 409,409 at Lions drag strip in the 60's. My father then became member #100 in the Southern California 409 club and I remember hanging around with Greg the (first president of the club)at super chevy Sunday when he had his 62 and than a 63 belair called Rapid transit which I wish I can find since Greg sold a few years ago. We still are in contact with Greg and he is doing well. My FAVORITE car of the club was Bill Benton's antique rat 63 impala which I am trying to locate to purchase today and any info would be highly appricated since it as well as rapid transit was a big part me.

Thank you for you time,
Eric
SLP

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Eric,welcome aboard.Lot of old racers here,probably some of the guys knows your Dad as well.Post some pictures if you have them of his cars. John

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Welcome aboard Eric. :clapGreat group of guys here.:crazy:cool: Some of even know what we are talking about!!!:?:cheers:cheers

strlnperf

Eric,welcome aboard.Lot of old racers here,probably some of the guys knows your Dad as well.Post some pictures if you have them of his cars. John

I wish I could. All my father has is a picture of the engine compartment. My father's car was street driven and on his way back to California from Searchlight Nevada blew a Castler cheater slick at 120 and rolled the 62. He then bought a 1965 impala SS with a 396ci 425h.p. 4sp. He would love to find a picture of his old car at Loins. He has some great stories about back in the day. His last car was a 1970chevelle with a 468 he just sold. He really wants another 62 impala ss 409,409.

Eric
SLP