Newbie from South Carolina

tetanusshot

Hey folks! The name's Scott. I've been a car guy all my life thanks to my Dad. I grew up with my family driving various makes and models so I am not loyal to any one brand. Right now I own my Mother's 65 Cyclone that I restored back to almost new condition and leave it at their house to enjoy.

The reason I am here is that I bought a 62 Bel Air Wagon that I am fixing up so my family of 6 can cruise under one roof. It's a 327, 4 bbl, 4-speed car that I might eventually drop a 409 in after the kids grow up and out of the home. I'm collecting parts though I may sell and buy a few here occasionally. I'm especially looking for a third-row seat that has eluded me! I also plan to replace the 20s with some 15x7 Astros or the stock steels wheels with caps. I have 4 NOS condition ones sitting on the shelf!

I wrench on cars for fun and my knowledge is pale in comparison to some here I'm sure. I'd like to completely frame-off a car one day but for now I look for drivers that need a little TLC so I can drive and wrench at the same time. Vast amounts of my time go appropriately to my kids these days.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 9

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Welcome, you came to the right place. I have been a member for about 2 yrs, and everyone here is very cool and extremely knowledgeable, you can't help but learn. Pat :hug

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Welcome to the site Scott.:clap Great group here and lots of info on the "W" engine.:hug Enjoy the ride.

:crazy:cheers

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Welcome Scott!! Yes, there is plenty of knowledge (not from me) and lots of fun on this site. A big THUMBS UP to time with the kids. That is most important!!

Lonnie

tetanusshot

Ha! Don, that's the main reason I bought the car. I'm a sucker for a 4-speed. So far the floor supports, lower doors, lower fenders, and floors have been patched or replaced. Inner rockers too. At least I bought the car another decade or so. Whether it not it was worth it has yet to be determined!

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome aboard Scott. Looks like they swapped the 3-speed for a 4-speed...:deal I like it...:brow

tetanusshot

Hey man! Yes they did. Got them on the shelf with the other parts. They look really good. I might try 61 lenses to see if they fit. I like the bullet shape and it might add a little custom touch.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey man! Yes they did. Got them on the shelf with the other parts. They look really good. I might try 61 lenses to see if they fit. I like the bullet shape and it might add a little custom touch.
The 61 lens should fit...:brow

tetanusshot

anyone have an idea of issues/costs converting it to a 5 or 6 speed? Just curious at this point. There's a 6 speed trans that popped up on Craigslist for $800. Came out of a last gen camaro I think.

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
I know that my son's 61 Bel-Air Bubbletop has a flat surface on the tail lamp s . I think that 62 has a crease going across the middle of the trunk lid . The 62 tail lamp has a indentation to accomodate that crease on the trunk lid. Some one please correct me if I am wrong.:scratch:rub

:crazy:cheers

tetanusshot

We'll see if works out next weekend. I'll be able to get the 61 lenses I had shipped to my Dad's house and fit them in some NOS 62 housings I have.