That's a great looking engine bay.
The BBC looks right at home in there.
The 409 rad and shroud is a nice touch.

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Nice looking engine bay
We all like photos on here, so some of the rest of the car are a must:poke
I was trying to pick where you were from by the mugshot in your avatar? cant quite pick it though:D

Welcome to the site

Steve

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Looks like an ostrich -- not the engine bay, the avatar :).

Very nice engine bay, as noted we'd love to see more pics of the vehicle if you have them handy.

I once tested a 1962 Impala that had a 454 in it, it was nearly as much fun as a 409 :) :) :).

Welcome aboard!
TomK

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Welcome!!
Before you change the exhaust exits, make sure you have enough tire clearance for normal tailpipes. A lot of guys go to that style in order to clear a large rear tire or slicks.

Is that an underhood light ??

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Welcome to the site Great group of guys here and they will help you with anything you need, so come on in, hang on and enjoy every bit of it.........:burnout

Martin

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Jason is right about the exhaust when I put my new wheels and tires on I had to climb under the car and cut the pipes off with a hack saw so my tires would fit

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Yes, underhood light
Whenever I get to go to a junkyard, I always keep my eye out for one of the underhood light that GM used on the 88-98 bodystyle trucks.... the one with the long chord that would reach all around the truck. Apparently everyone else has the same idea and beats me to them. I think it would look right at home on anything short of a 100% original restoration.