Newbe with a brake hose question

runnerguy

Hello, I am a long time visitor of this site and I finally decided to join a few weeks ago. My ride is a 58 Delray with a 327 and M20 Muncie. I converted to manual front disc brakes last year.

My only problem has been the front brakes hoses rub against the tires during sharp turns. My wheels are factory 15x7 rallys with 235-60-15 tires. Using a two piece caliper bracket for 1968-72 D52 GM calipers and 11" rotors. Also my hoses are for a 73 Monte Carlo raybestos #BH36713. There does not appear to be any way of tying the hoses back any to keep them from rubbing. So I am kind of at a loss as what to do short of having hoses custom made. I think I could use shorter hoses but can't come with any factory part numbers that might work.

Any advise would be very welcome.
Thanks.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
How long is that hose in inches?
I use 1969 Camaro hose which is 15" (7/16" banjo) or 79-81 Camaro 15" (10mm banjo). If you need shorter then that the 69-72 Chevelle hose is about 13" (7/16" banjo)

runnerguy

Well according to the Raybesto book it measures 14.38". I problabley will have to try the Chevelle hoses, I think I can go at least 1" shorter. I just wanted to ask advice here on this site before I spent the money and time swapping the hoses. When researching posts on disc brake convertions on this site and on impalas.net, the 73 Monte brake hoses was recommended. I was just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem.