Newbe/62 bubble top 409

John Autry

Well Known Member
Here is a picture of my 62 409 with algon injection converted to EFI by Hogans Manifords. I am painting the car now and have not fired the motor yet.

Attachments

• IMG_0075.JPG
    IMG_0075.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 10

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
The motor looks really nice !!! How about the rest of the car, got any pictures ?? Some of us don't read real well...

Bill

John Autry

Well Known Member
The motor looks really nice !!! How about the rest of the car, got any pictures ?? Some of us don't read real well...

Bill
Here are some pictures. Some I could not post because File exceeded size limit. will check into what I need to do to post them. Trans is a 700R, suspension is by air ride with Shock Waves and rack and pinion steering, QA adjustable shocks in the back. Frame is powder coated silver. Interior is SS with bucket seats that I purchased from CARS Inc.

Attachments

• IMG_0102.JPG
    IMG_0102.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0104.JPG
    IMG_0104.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Photo0076.jpg
    Photo0076.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 12
  • johnpaint.jpg
    johnpaint.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 13

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Here are some pictures. Some I could not post because File exceeded size limit. will check into what I need to do to post them. Trans is a 700R, suspension is by air ride with Shock Waves and rack and pinion steering, QA adjustable shocks in the back. Frame is powder coated silver. Interior is SS with bucket seats that I purchased from CARS Inc.

John,

You can upload them to a Photobucket.com account and then show them here like this:
CIMG3636.jpg

Photobucket will re-size them automatically, so you don't have to worry..

Bill

Duder

Awesome! I too am restoring a 62 Bel Air bubbletop 409. Going with a 4spd. Say what rim size did you go with and happen to know the offset? What did you go with for brakes?

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Very nice project. I can really relate to that last pic painting the floor pan on the rotisserie....:clap

John Autry

Well Known Member
Very nice project. I can really relate to that last pic painting the floor pan on the rotisserie....:clap

I could not stand the body up a fully on its side hence had to lay down to get the edges. I used a tintable clear bed liner called Raptor. Bought two kits and had one quart left after putting on two coats. Each kit makes one gallon and comes with the special gun needed to shoot the material.

John Autry

Well Known Member
Awesome! I too am restoring a 62 Bel Air bubbletop 409. Going with a 4spd. Say what rim size did you go with and happen to know the offset? What did you go with for brakes?

The wheels are Foose 20x8 and 20x10, front tires are 245x35 and rear are 285x30. Not sure on the back space, will look for the paperwork on them and get back with you. To get more room I did modify the front fender wells cutting the outside roll out and welding in material to square the outside off. Brakes are Baer 13" front and rear.

John Autry

Well Known Member
The wheels are Foose 20x8 and 20x10, front tires are 245x35 and rear are 285x30. Not sure on the back space, will look for the paperwork on them and get back with you. To get more room I did modify the front fender wells cutting the outside roll out and welding in material to square the outside off. Brakes are Baer 13" front and rear.

Sorry I cannot find the paperwork that tells the back spacing on the wheels.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Back space should be 5" in the front with disc brakes and 5-1/2" in the rear. I am running the same size tires on 18's on my 61' Impala.

John Autry

Well Known Member
thanks tripower, I thought that was what they are but did not have the paper in front of me.

Attachments

• IMG_0099.JPG
    IMG_0099.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 5