new to this site

62bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Have owned several chevys in the past and sold them. 62 impala H.T., 62 impala 4 dr, 62 impala SS conv, 68 impala conv. I presently own a 62 impala SS Conv. 409, 62 impala 2 dr cpe, 68 impala conv. , and a 62 ImpalAir which is my picture car. It is a 62 Impala which had a rusted out roof, which my partner in restorations, and I , have CUT off and replaced with a BUBBLE TOP from a 61 impala. The new name of this car will be called IMPALAIR

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Welcome to the site. My 62 BelAir had a rusted top so I replaced it with a 61 Impala top also. Linda has called Ms Bela an Impalair for years. Post more pictures please.

Welcome
Bill

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Climb on in here, Mike sounds like you have had your share of these special pieces, Good to have ya

Martin

62bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Thanks guys for all of the Welcomes. My friend and buddy in restorations, Jim Sullivan introduced me to this site, and is instructing me in the use of this danged computer. At my age, this will be my last restoration, (Ha) , as my wife has heard that before. With Jims assistance, I will post a few more pics of the restoration of the "Impalair". So far Jim and I have attached the 61 roof to the 62, and I am just starting to tear down the frame to rebuild the suspension. Using all original rubber bushing this time, (all Moog parts), as I used all POLY in my last project , a 62 conv., and for me, it rides too hard.....

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome to the site. We had a member here, who has left this world unfortunately, he had a beautiful 62 Impala with a bubbletop roof. If you search, there are some pictures of his car, including some of the roof graft.

Don